West Rush Lake

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I can’t believe that I am the first person to post on this lake especially with how great the fishing has been. I have been on the lake almost every day for the past 3 weeks and have brought home fish each day. The crappie bite has shifted from an afternoon bite to a morning bite for me. The house is in 34 fow and after about 10:30am the action slows way down. The fish have been hitting white jigs tipped with waxies or a bobber/crappie minnow rig. In the morning the fish are more likely to hit the minnow and in the afternoon it turns to waxies. The size of the crappies has been decreasing this last week. I don’t know where the bigger fish are going, but hopefully someone isn’t taking them all home.

Anyway, I hit the motherload of big ones today. At about noon I went searching with the vexilar. I found an open hole that had a large school of fish under it. I stood there for the next hour and hoisted one fish after another. All these fish were very good sized. The bigger fish I got as high as 12 feet off the bottom. Tomorrow is my last day on the ice for this season. Just when I figured them out, I have to go back to school. If someone has a portable and wants to get back on this school tomorrow morning, send me a PM. I will check later tonight and tomorrow before I leave.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Here is me with a 11 1/2″ and an 11″ crappie.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Here’s a picture of 1/2 of today’s catch. The other ones were too small.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Nice catch! I’ve heard lots of good things from up there, but never seem to get past the Chisago area.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice picts and report!

Next picture needs to be the oil bubbling in the frying pan!

Looks to me like you had a pretty darn good Christmas vacation!

AND I wish I could take you up on your offer…but I’ve been grounded…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.