Chester Woods

• gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

Has anyone been out to see what the ice conditions are or if there is enough yet?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I know only a short while ago there was some talk about the ice being ok in the chute from the boat ramp to the bay where it opens up, but that the ice out in the open towards the dam was not ready. That’s been a few days ago. A person might be able to drive to the upper lot and take a peek with binocs to see if tracks exist out there before taking the long walk. But then the daily fee thing….I guess if it were me I’d be giving it a little more time. Things are way earlt this year and that can bring to question how safe things really are.

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

I agree with that. I might drive in tonight after work and check it out for tracks. I have an annual pass so luckily I wont have to pay the daily fee. Thank you for the information.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Let us know what you see.

The early ice near that dam can be funky stuff. I fished there a couple years ago when the ice was about 8 inches everywhere…except a large area around the trees that poke up out in from of the dam and there it was about 2″. Kind of an eye opener when everything else was nice and solid.

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

I didn’t get a chance to look out there tonight. My plan is to throw my gear in the truck and stop by Friday after work. I will let you know what the conditions are then.

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

I made it out for a short time Friday after work. I didn’t venture too far out onto the ice but I did find that there was about 3-4″ most of the places I checked. I caught a few bluegill right before dark and a couple of small crappies right after dark. It was nice to get out and judging by the weather forecast it will be a while before I go out again.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The convenience of CW is one thing. The ice and how it sets up is another as far as I am concerned. I’ve had some iffy things come about on both CW and Foster. Sure brings up the old saying that there is no such thing as safe ice in a hurry.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.