Charbroil Amplifire?

• 3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I am in need of a new gas grill. I’m not $1000 grill guy, nor am I $150 grill guy. I am a 3 to 5 or maybe $600 grill guy and I came across these Coleman amplifier grills. they remind me a little bit of the infrared ones which seem to get a lot of bad reviews. However, I’m not sure if this is infrared or something new. It’s almost like a mesh type flame diverter on top of the burners and below the grates. They could be a nightmare to clean, so I’m checking into that too. Anybody have any experience with these things?

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Well, just for info, that didn’t take very many Google checks to find out people hate these things too. Amplifire is just a renamed Tru Infrared. The grates are horrible, and The burner tubes are horrible so I guess I’ll keep searching.

Tom Bisel

Broil King grills. Several options in your price range, Still made in North America. I’ve had mine for 7 years with no issues and still looks like new when cleaned up really well.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Its not a gas grill but the Recteq Bullseye Pellet grill is amazing and you can get for 500 bucks. I bought one last fall and I don’t even use my gas grill anymore since I got it. It gets up to 750 degrees and as low as 225.

CaptainMusky

When I was researching gas grills I had it narrowed down to Broil King. As Tom said they are made in NA (Canada) have a fantastic warranty and one of the most even cooking of any grill out there with their patented burners.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Did some reviews on Broil King and seems like you need to get into the higher price ones to get good reviews. The 3-5-$600 seem to rust fast, go out in wind, and grates need replacement often. The shielded burners seem like a great thing but need replacing yearly some said. True?

CaptainMusky

I havent researched them in quite a few years, but I never recall seeing any of those issues in the past. I didnt end up buying one as I went a different route and bought a Kamado.

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

Captain
    How do you like your kamado joe? What size did you end of getting ?

CaptainMusky

Captain
    How do you like your kamado joe? What size did you end of getting ?

I have a Vision from Home Depot. Similar thing but much cheaper! I got the professional model which has the electric starter port for lighting it. If I had it to do over again I would get the base model.
    I really like it and it works fantastic, but I havent used it in a while since I bought a RecTeq Bullseye last year. That thing is unreal and can do literally anything from grilling to smoking. The flavor is not as good as the kamado though. Next time a do a brisket I am doing it on the kamado. All of the accessories that Kamado Joe work on it offers which is very nice.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Weber and done………..

Coletrain27

Weber and done………..

I’m a Weber fan also and it seems like you can always find parts and burners for them also

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Im a Webber fan but my newest one doesn’t hold a candle to its predecessor.

Coletrain27

doesnt get as hot or doesnt control as well?

acarroline

What’s the issue(s) with the “infared” from Charbroil? I had one for a number of years and thought it worked well. Eliminates flare ups. Yes, have to scrape the grates a bit, but wasn’t anything overly hard.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

doesnt get as hot or doesnt control as well?

Not as hot. I would like to hot rod it but haven’t found instructions to do so. I had hoped a video would come out. My old one was much heavier metal so it would hold heat like a cast iron pan.

acarroline

I went ahead and bought a Weber….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.