Moore’s Monthly June 9, 2007 Results

• larry_haugh
    MN

(Contest winners:Left to right. Dtro 1st place channel, Chris 1st place Flathead, Larry 2nd place channel, Larry 2nd place Flathead)

As Moore’s Bait and Tackle Monthly contests continue to grow in popularity among the Twin Cities catfishing group, the competition gets steeper. With 18 contestants going head to head Saturday night, there were bound to be some very nice fish caught, in the second of five contests being held over the summer.

Most of the contestants were partnered or grouped up, Some in boats other’s from shore. With each group focusing their tactics for a specific species, while some were going for the mixed bag.

It was a beautiful night for fishing, with temps in the 80′ during the day and settling down into the 60’s in the evening.

It would seem the early evening sunset period was the time that the big Flats were pulled in. With the first place flatheads coming into the boats between 8:30 and 9:30 PM.

Channel cats were a little on the more difficult side to catch but a few were pulled through out the evening.

In the Flathead Catfish division:

Chris: (Team Pug) First place Flathead

42in length by 26in Girth at 32lbs

Larry AKA Flatcaster (Team Dtro/Flatcaster) Second place Flathead

35in length by 22in girth at approximately 17.2lbs.

In the Channel Cat Division: It was team Dtro and Flatcaster taking First and second place with channels that could have been twins only differing by one inch in length and 6 tenths of a pound.

Dtro: First place channel:

27in length by 15in girth at 8lbs.

Larry: Second place channel:

26in length by 15in at 7.4lbs.

The next contest is scheduled for Saturday July 21, 2007. With people already signing up. You can sign up with Bob at Moore’s Bait and Tackle. Weather your someone just starting out in Catfishing or a 50 year veteran these contests are a great way to meet fellow anglers and test your skills in a low pressure setting.

A tip of the hat to all contestants, and from all of us to Mr. Bob Moore. Thanks for hosting these events Mate.

Last note: Contestants Please feel free to post your pictures of the fish caught for this contest in this thread

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

A great time again! Thanks Bob for hosting these and for the nice little pizza party at each weigh in. It’s fun to meet up on Sun and BS about the previous nights fishing.
    July 21 is marked on my calendar.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Did you guys miss me?

Look who’s in the background. Can you read my mind?

Always the bride’s maid…actually I am stunned and in awe at this point. First one over 30# I have seen in person. Not sure who yelled more, Chris or me.

You’ve seen this one

And unveiling the Team Pug Victory Pose:

That’s right, over the head.

aanderud

Good job guys. I wish I would have been there. It was a great evening/night to fish!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Oh, the evening was perfect! The wind died after sundown. It was completely different from the time we sort of crossed paths that one cold windy night.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

8:30 and 9:30? Phil had the 2nd place flathead in the boat shortly after 7:00!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I heard Phil hooked it at 6:30 and reeled it in at 7:01

**To clarify and be clear, I am just giving Phil poo. No insinuation or accusation. It was just another ill-advised, low brow, feeble attempt at humor.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Quote:

8:30 and 9:30? Phil had the 2nd place flathead in the boat by 6:45!

If you are going to bend the rules, it’s probably best not to make it public

Moores Bait

Thanks to everyone who particapated in this last event. We look forward to another great turnout next month on the 21st. Unfortunately we had to disqualify Mr Specials second place Flathead due to the contests time frame. Once again Team Larry/Dtro will rack up a few more points. With Larry taking second in the Flathead catagory, who also took second in Channels.

Thanks again to everyone, hope to see you all next month.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

I always forget about this forum…

It helps to read the rules…..

I vote we start the next one at 6:47 pm….

I’ll stop in this week Bob with Larry’s money!!!!

Congrats to the winners and all contestants what a great tourney, thanks Bob!

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

I vote we start the next one at 6:47 pm….

I vote we start the contest at 12;00PM noon.

But out of fairness to the event sponsor. I guess were lucky he says that we don’t have to wait till he is on the water. Given his shop closes at 7:00pm.
    Great contest Mates.

Which reminds me…… did I ever tell you guys about the Bell Plain league when I had to forfeit a money fish because I forgot to check my watch and pulled the fish in at 6:59PM and contest start time was at 7:00pm
    Next time that happens…….. fish is played and stays in the water till contest start time… Which is fair rules.

Thanks for doing the honorable thing guys. Its important in these contests it allows for alot more flexibility, and keeps it fun.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Here is Phils Fish a real nice Flatty!

39×23.5 and around 25lbs if I recall!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I want to reiterate, I had no previous knowledge. I was just feeding off what I thought was Ralph joking around.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

No problems guys the rules are the rules its all good.. my camera clearly shows 6:45 pm.

See ya at the next one!

flatheadwi
    La Crosse, WI

Not that I’ll be fishing it, but the 21st of June is on a Thursday, not a Saturday – you may want to recheck your calendar…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Which is why we are fishing July 21st

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

No problems guys the rules are the rules its all good.. my camera clearly shows 6:45 pm.

See ya at the next one!

Honest oversite as a I see it. Hope there are no hard feelings. Phil and everyone, next contest and for the future. If you hook it and you think its early let her hang on the side of the boat till your cellphone says 7:00. You know thats what I will be doing.

Very nice fish to bag on a tough night for the rest of us.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Total oversight by us! I was not even in the contest, and none of us knew it had to be after 7:00. Sorry for any confusion, and sorry to Phil!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.