st croix flats are back on

• katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

went out last night equipped with some ferocious bullheads and landed a few nice flatheads we didnt take any measurements but the one my dad caught we estimated somewhere in the high 30s which would had never been landed if it wasnt for my quick netting skills as the hook popped out as soon as the flatty hit the surface and bam i netted her haha.
    its nice to see they’re bitin again after about a month n half of bad fishin

Oh and theres definetly no gloves or hand sanitizer in this boat

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

Thanks for the update. Whenever the river falls a few more feet I’ll have to get going again.

katmando

Quote:

Thanks for the update. Whenever the river falls a few more feet I’ll have to get going again.

The river wasnt high at all it was right at its normal level if not a little low

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Whenever the river falls a few more feet I’ll have to get going again.

Josh is down there in Iowa…feeling the pain of the high water we had a few weeks ago.

Nice flats there Katman!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Whenever the river falls a few more feet I’ll have to get going again.

Josh is down there in Iowa…feeling the pain of the high water we had a few weeks ago.

Nice flats there Katman!

I agree BrianK We are still sending them water from pool 8. At best we are finally slowing down flow with a 7 foot river stage in La Crosse….chit flows down hill

Hang in there Iowa IDO familys

katmando

haha well look at that he is. i guess i should be a little more observant

herb
    6ft under

Yep, we’ve been getting your chit since early march. Barring any more rain up north, it will be close to sept. before we see anything close to normal.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.