Required in a Cat Boat??

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Saturday evening I was polity informed I should be carrying a bottle of Hand Sanitizer on board.

I’m undecided because there was a small portion spilled on the carpeting of my boat and it covered up the hard earned smell of flathead.

Opinions??

scully0178
    parts unknown

the stink of a flathead is a badge of honor that should be worn with pride.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

I use a bottle of berkley no scent soap. Nice to get the cut bait slime off before a little midnight snack!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

That’s what I thought!

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

Quote:

That’s what I thought!

Agreed mightily. As far as snack prep, a little Missi water cleans the hands just fine.

swollen-goat
    Nicolet County

Sanitizer…nonsense! I take pride in inoculating my immune system with whatever the cats have to offer(within reason of course). I take it you were less than impressed with this suggestion?

dr._flathead

I hate to get all serious on this but, thats the problem these days, everyone has to sanitize everything! What ever happened to letting your body do some germ fighting?

A towel is all thats needed in a cat boat!

scully0178
    parts unknown

what is this “towel” you speak of ? is it similar to the leg of my pants ? cuz that’s what i use.

navigator175

towel? I use the back of my partners shirt!!!

larry_haugh
    MN

If I were in your shoes…. get a bottle set it out (in view). Don’t offer, but if its requested…. your in political good standing.
    Your baiting hooks, not preparing meals. Explain the scent factor about these fish.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Nothing like the smell of Sonnys Reg. on a hot humid early morning or night. or was it napalm

mikkar
    South Saint Paul, MN

Quote:

Amen to the above….. really do we really have sanitize everything these days geeexh what happened to gettin sick and getting out of work. Oh as for the towel i use my wife for that she loves it (the red hand prints go away after a while :rotflmao)

who cares if ya got a little fish slime thats pride in fishing and a good cover when the wife gets upset when your not home on time

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Put the sanitizer back in your purse and leave it home..whoosy!

Al

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Saturday evening I was polity informed I should be carrying a bottle of Hand Sanitizer on board.

Brian , do you stay awake a night when not fishing thinking of this kind of question ? or is this for real?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Do you mean Friday or early Saturday morning?

flatheadwi
    La Crosse, WI

Flathead slime is hand sanitizer…

mudcatkid
    On water

Carhartt pants – my version of a “moist towelette.”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Mike, I’m thinking your wife is out numbered here!

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

The Surgeon General would have a hayday out in my boat.

Let’s see. Hand first goes into worm bucket to catch bait. Hand removes bait which at times is gut hooked. Then hand baits main hook. Then hand opens beer, Then hand scratches swimsuit area itchy body parts. Then hand fiddles with thermacell chemical pad. Then beer makes it’s way through kidney so hand has to do you know what. At the same time, the clicker goes off (it always does) and hand gets slimy from removing fish. Then hand goes back into bait bucket to toss out again. Sit down and hand goes into sunflower seed container……right to mouth.

Oh but wait……BUMP!….. bottle gets passed around

Hi Honey, I’m home

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

As long as you can train yourself not to lick your fingers after eating chips, you don’t need it

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Mallory did offer to leave her bottle with me. I respectfully declined.

However a note should be made that she didn’t used gloves when holding the cats. Some of you guys might want to pay attention here.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

(edit: Looks like I forgot to resize Mallory’s. She can be viewed gloveless in my photo gallery at http://www.brianksworld.com , click on photos.)

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hand sanitizer in a boat? thats like having it in the garage when your working on greasy motors.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Brian, who’s that guy at the top of your webpage’s photo galley lipping the flatheads like they were a largemouth?

Thanks for cropping out the open barn door.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I was in a good mood when I put that up. I was toying with a few photoshop ideas but it looks bad enough the way it was taken.

I’m really sorry about that scaly thing and I am talking about the fish!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Don’t apologize. The tomato plants already seem to be perking up from the fertilizer.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

You get that fragrance on your fingers and the cats are gonna be smelling Purell perfume instead of bullhead or cut sucker. No, no hand sanitizer in my boat. Lava soap is as far as I’ll go, but most of the time it’s the front of my pants or over the edge of the boat in the water.

And yeah, dtro’s got it right, bait, beer, sunflower seeds, some of us still smoke, beer, pop, chips, unhooking fish, sucker guts, back to holding a cig or a bottle of beer (or both!) It’s no wonder most of us never get sick… the immune system is like a muscle; give it a workout and it stays strong!

In your case, though, BK, clients rule. Maybe you could put in the “what to bring” a bottle of hand sanitizer if you so choose?

uglymike

I wash my hands with mud from the bank where I’m fishing before I bait my poles.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Right Jared, my immune system has to be good because I never ever get sick, not even a headache. Wait a minute I think I did have a small headache years ago but I don’t remember when. Nature takes care of those who get involved. Ever wonder why a muskrat, beaver or any other animal makes it through year after year, it must be because their immune systems are at the top of the charts. I’ll take 2 weeks outside doing things instead of inside for 2 weeks, I’d probably get a cold.

malomike
    River Falls, WI

Haha, look at what I’ve started. Relax boys…

Mallory

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.