New Member Question

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Guys, can you help out this new member as to what to look for and how to catch a flathead?

Hopefully, I won’t be back until I have some new photos…trying to keep up with Hanson!

whyworkGOFISHING’s first post (he has a link to come here.)

Quote:

hey guys im new to the site i grew up in the grand rapids area and am a walleye fisherman but for the last 2 years have been night fishing for flatheads with no luck at all i try suckers bullheads you name it ive threw it down there and the girl friend likes to go but thinks its really boring so was woundering if anyone would share some spots and tips i do know the river pretty good but only pool 4 and the vermillion so any help would be awsome thanks see ya on the water oh and what do you mean by the flow thanks

WWGF…what are you using for bait and the rigging now?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It’s a very small world!

I stopped in Redwing at the Wallmart to pick up a few items. I noticed they had an automotive service center and wanted to get my tires rotated….Guess who waited on me?

Yup! Mr whyworkGOFISHING!

What are the chances of that?

john_steinhauer
    p4

haha what are the chances of that,that was the same thing i was thinking thanks for the info you shared with me hoping to get a few more tipe and tricks on some spots hope to get out this weekend and do some turkey hunting and cat fishing thanks agin everyone see ya on the water

john_steinhauer
    p4

hey brian just kinda woundering what you got that big ftathead on and if you had any ideas for where i should start for when i go out this weekend well im going to try to get out wed or thur but this weekend for sure but just looking for a help on where to start

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Bullheads…flats and I love bullheads…but a sucker will work too if you get some healthy ones and can keep them lively until you go fishing.

Last I heard Dean at Everts was planning on getting some in (bullheads).

Look for places on Pool 4 that have dirt or clay banks…with some wood in the water. This time of year darn near every snag will have a flat in it…some big some small.
    Don’t be afraid of fishing in 1 or 2 feet of water on the shore side of a snag. The current seam that goes around the snag is another excellent spot to place a bait.

Get your bait as close to the snag as possible without getting hung up…fish it for 15 or 20 minutes and move on the next snag.

I have trips out of Everts tomorrow…a day trip and then Thursday and Friday nights. Might see you down there!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.