Steve Demars

• Whiskerkev
    Madison

Better look in your review mirror. I’ve decided it is time to enter the fishing world again. Life circumstances have forced me to spot you 3 months headstart but that is over now….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

A targeted man is he.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I got 3 channels on the board – get your buttocks in gear. They are small ones because I didn’t want you to just give up. I’ve just been practicing until you showed up. I’ll start upgrading once you figure out how to bait a hook again. Game On!!

I’ve also got 3 flats on the board and I got a nice flat upgrade tonight.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Nice fish. I especially like the fat bottom girl in the day pic. I almost never see anyone fishing cats here after dark. Very few people grasp the concept or they fish places I do not so all the 30-34 inch fish I put up last year are still there another year fatter another year longer and a whole summer without a hook in their faces. I like my odds. You should come down in September and get a few upgrades.

nick-nutter

Y’all are gonna need some fish larger than 30″ to stand a chance A few 34″+ and then we’ll talk.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Hi Nick – You need to go lay by your dish, Rookie. You may have to make another run to Pembina if you hope to beat Kevin. Those are some pretty Red River channels you put on the board but your 164 points may not hold up. Kevin will give you guys a run for your money with those big Mendota channels. In 2011 he put up 166 points and in 2012 he put up 165.5 points. The race ain’t over yet – I bet Whiskerkev is in the top 5. Lots of pretty channel cats yet to be caught – fun times ahead. Good luck to everyone.

nick-nutter

Haha … Just a little poking and prodding old timer With talk like that I may have to start fishing for channels down here … I gave them a solid weekend of effort. In all seriousness .. I’d expect to see a few near 170, once those big females start to play. Lots of biggies in the Croix too! It’s anyone’s game … Go get em!

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Hey Nick – I’m 2 points behind you on the Flathead Leaderboard. I got a buck says I’m ahead of you by the next Whisker Run Tourny. You in?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Hey Nick – I’m 2 points behind you on the Flathead Leaderboard. I got a buck says I’m ahead of you by the next Whisker Run Tourny. You in?

Steve, did you portage your pontoon to pool 2 for the first whisker run?

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Hi Mike – No, the Battleship stayed home. I fished with Joe Busch from his boat. I got skunked and netted fish for Joe. He got two small fish and we were out of the money. We’ll do better in August – should be a good post spawn bite.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Ha, yeah I was just kidding. My nephew wanted to fish that, but he was gone in Mexico the week before. I’d like to fish the next one too, but I will be far too busy in August unfortunately.

My fishing has taken a severe hit this year.

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

To scared to put that dollar up against me again Steve? Here I was gonna give you a chance to win your money back

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Quote:

To scared to put that dollar up against me again Steve? Here I was gonna give you a chance to win your money back

OK Matt – You’re on. I’m in for a Buck again. Maybe the bet will change my luck this time.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Hey, Kevin – I got an upgrade tonight. Nice channel cat that came in at 34″ X 19″. You better get going – you forget I’m retired and I can fish every day. This one was long and skinny – must have just finished spawning. He was all beat up and looked like he was on his death bed. He hammered a live bullhead so he must have been hungry.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Nice fish. Don’t forget you were retired the last two years as well. I figure someone with my superior talents should only need to fish one or two days a month to be on the board.

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

Time to get out the hip boots. It’s getting deep in here. I’m just having fun laughing at you guy’s comments.

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

Quote:

Quote:

OK Matt – You’re on. I’m in for a Buck again. Maybe the bet will change my luck this time.

Game on!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

The fish were snapping last night boys.. You know it is going to be a good night when you get bit before your second line is out. I went 10 for 11 last night including these 3 (2 at 32×18, 1 at 34×21). Not a bad 3 hours work. The 34 was a real challenge twice around the boat, into the anchor lines. I didn’t want to disappoint Nick. Steve, 155 and rising.. Tight lines.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

WOW – You passed me up in one night. Is this some kind of Jedi Mind Trick? I guess I owe you this:

Last time I do that. Ouch it hurt.

I do have to tell you that you (just you) do take some ugly pictures. We are going to have to deduct 25 points for having to look at your silly grin. OK – I’m back ahead after the deduction.

Seriously tho – nice fish.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

It is hard to take a good picture while holding an 18 lb cat, with a timer on my camera sitting on a tiny tripod, in a 16ft boat being tossed on the waves. I get much better pictures when I have a deckmate on board to assist. Seriously though the fish are biting like crazy here right now. They like high heat and humidity. Bites were very agressive. I had more than one pole nearly out of the boat.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

That’s a Kev grin for sure

Nice fish bud

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.