Nobody on the lake

• Whiskerkev
    Madison

The heat wave has been keeping the pleasure boaters down this week. I owned the whole lake in a major city last night. When the big moon came up the bite shut down. I’ve seen an increase in water temps from 74 to 82 degrees. The bite has not been stellar but the bites have come and usually with a good fish attached. Cut sucker has been the good bait. Last night this fish was in and around the anchor ropes 5 times before I could even see her. I quit counting at 20 fish this week(3 were short of 30 inches). I could only find one just over 32 x 21. John Schultz came along for an evening and had a monster take him into a snag just like he intended. John did catch a monster bullhead on cutbait which is a first for my boat here. I also caught a large mouth bass. I haven’t caught Steve D yet but I’m closing.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I still can’t see you in the rearview mirror. Just in case I better go out tonight and get myself a channel cat upgrade. You sound kind of serious about finally doing a little fishing. I saw your 53 point channel on the King of the Cats leaderboard – Nice fish

Whiskerkev
    Madison

So there I was. My friend Kevin came along. When we arrived at the launch a stiff 10 was blowing out of the NE. Wind is not your friend here so we had to change our plans and fished a new spot or two. Kevin is famous for being a strong dude and for breaking my catfish leaders. So to cope with his basshole like hook sets I replaced my leads with 25 lb flourocarbon. Some days it doesn’t go your way. Within 10 minutes of anchoring Kevin had me down 5 fish to zero including these two he is struggling to hold up which were a double. I’d be right with you Steve if I could of scored these two. He ended up cleaning my clock 7 fish to 5 and also set my boat mark for a large bullhead.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Looks like some quality cats coming aboard the Kev!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.