Cats are pickin up on pool 4

• andyb
    Farmington, MN

Hey guys, been a long time since I’ve posted anything here and don’t know if anyone remembers me or not but I’ve been really busy lately now that I’ve gotten into the trucking industry. Anywho my old man, a friend and I headed out to the redwing area in hopes to catch some big flatheads. I guess we did decent for the time of year. Got alot of runs some hit and miss but my buddy caught a couple flats nothin big both were 12-15 lbs but none the less they were flats and some real nice forktails all from 10, 12, and even a 15 pounder. It’s slow and they’re all spread out but I know a few real nice flat and channel spots I won’t tell specifically but it’s around where the vermillion dumps into the Missippii. Anyone here fish that area at all? I’m wondering if it’s maybe better to fish the main river idunno. Wish we had live bullheads that night prolly woulda caught more, those damn suckers die so easy. Wish we remembered the cameras too but anywho were gonna give it another shot maybe this weekend. aight have a good one all.

blacksportsman
    Fridley, MN

Welcome back, Andy

I was wondering what happened to ya. Thanks for the pool 4 report.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I remember you…up in St Paul with your freind from Dakota(?).

I’ve been talking with a regular cat guy at Everts and he’s been nailing the channels…mostly in the 5 lbs area.

Check in often Andy…lots of good stuff coming on IDA these days!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Good to have you back.

You didn’t happen to be out on Saturday night with a john boat at the access across from the Mr. Sippi were you? If it was you, I wondered where you were running to as I was running into the backwaters.

I also heard a rumor that Dean may have some bullheads at Everts coming up here. Any truth to that Dean?

andyb
    Farmington, MN

hey farmboy no that couldnt of been me out there cuz i was out fri night in a black and white alumacraft walleye boat and where were u when u saw this?

andyb
    Farmington, MN

and yes brian that was me with in st. paul with my ex from nd. So ur saying that evorts resort bait shop might start selling live bullheads cuz that would be great. Lemme know what u find out about that. See ya on the water.

larry_haugh
    MN

Welcome back Mate!
    Good news to hear that you had a good outing and its still early in the season.
    thanks for sharing

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I was running into the backwaters to check out a few things. I think I know the area you talk about. I have been meaning to check it out this year Have not made it up there yet. I normally don’t hit up towards the damn until temps get a little higher.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Watch your language Farmboy 1!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Everywhere I go I seem to be fishing by a *damn*! Some days I fish by many *damn’s*, other days its rare to encounter a damn… but when its catfishing.. it seems a damn is always involved… I even have a few damn’s on video while catfishing, especially when fish come off the hook! Right Manny?

Yes Andy, I remember you too.. I’ll eventually see you around!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Now gentlemen, I thought this was a family site

I have never uttered a foul word, especially after loosing a fish, missing a hookset, or snagging up because of my stupidity

Brent

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If you have fished with me, you know that I never use that word. I have much more colorful and descriptive ones.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.