How does this sound?

• mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Several organizations have asked me if I would consider running fund raiser tourneys for them, this fall or next spring. I have always thought that a Walleye-bass-pike-catfish tourney with only one entry per category and total points added up for all categories based on place in that category would be a fun format. Teams and boater(who’s boat is used) will be picked by draw . All fish will be measured at the boat with an official measuring device supplied by tourney and a witness form will be signed by the other angler. We were considering $75 per person with 50% automatically going to fundraising group, and the rest being paid out 100%. I’m already have sources for free printing , and awards. Does this sound like an intersting format to anyone . Any comments of any kind are welcome -pro or con and suggestions would be valuable also. Lawrence

carp chaser
    Twin Cities, MN

if you’re going to have a tournament, make sure fish are brought back to an official weigh-in on shore so that there is no cheating involved, if you give people any opportunity to cheat, they will make the most of it, believe me. I’ve found out the hard way already this year. There’s a lot of dishonest fishermen out there who will try their hardest to win ANY way they can.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.