Cats

• smackemup
    North Metro

Lookin for some advice if anyone is willing. I used to catfish a bit ten or so years ago and am looking to get back into it. I am lookin at P2 because it is close, I have only launched out of 494 so far but would be willing to drop in anywhere. Just looking for general info, what types of area am I looking for, depths, bait/technique. I have been trying what has worked for me before: heavy weight, 12-18″ lead, large hook and usually crawler, cut sucker, or some stank [censored] meat in cheesecloth, but so far nothing to show for it. Thanks for any help, appreciated.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Hey! Nice to see you back on the dark side. You may want to mosey on over to the Catfish and Sturgeon area of the Species Specific forum, which is where most of the cat talk goes on these days.

Anyway, use stink bait to locate the fish, then you can use your cut bait. Look for structure with current seams and if you don’t get a bite in 15-20 minutes, move on to another spot. Since it looks like you have a boat, move around a lot looking at likely spots. It shouldn’t be that hard to scare up some channel cats!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.