state record flathead catfish????

• jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Im down at the pool 2 ssp wakota bridge boat launch and this guys says a chineese guy caught the new state record flathead.. claims it was a pound and a half bigger.. can anyone confirm this?

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I heard that too, Ding Sum Moor caught one that that was a solid two pounds heavier, fish never got officially weighed; they are boiling it down to make Soopa Feesh Paste.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Sure would like to have seen a pic of that one;
    The current record for MN is a Flathead of 70 pounds from the St Croix, no year taken is given.
    Jack

Jake_A

Quote:

I heard that too, Ding Sum Moor caught one that that was a solid two pounds heavier, fish never got officially weighed; they are boiling it down to make Soopa Feesh Paste.

MMMMHHMMMMM Fish paste

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

st croix rules

jiggin-rake

Sorry i should have been more specific. It ws supposedly caught in the mississippi river pool 2 in south saint paul. But the st croix does rule! Im sure pics will surface soon. I heard the dnr and guiness were down there.

jwcarlson

Quote:

guiness were down there.

When someone tells you Guiness is “down there” checking out a state record you don’t scratch your head a little bit?

jiggin-rake

Im still scratching my head.. ive never witnessed anything like this so i would have no idea who would get involved.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Isn’t Guiness a beer?

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

I saw him below the Mendota bridge checking on big cats.

jiggin-rake

Guiness world record not the beer. I dunno what the mendota post is suppose to mean but the fish im talkin about was from this month, not 100 years ago … sorry if my grammar isnt up to par, im just tryin to spread the word and maybe get some info in return. Pool 2 is my home water so its pretty interesting to me.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Guiness world record not the beer. I dunno what the mendota post is suppose to mean but the fish im talkin about was from this month, not 100 years ago

That is Sir Alec Guinness

jiggin-rake

Okay so what does sir alec guinness have to do with this state record catfish that was just caught lol??

jwcarlson

Quote:

Okay so what does sir alec guinness have to do with this state record catfish that was just caught lol??

He wrote the Guinness Book of State Records. Duh!

jiggin-rake

I didnt know that.. thanks for clearing that up. I thought he was on the beer topic. So sir alec goes everywhere there is a record or he has employees in different states? The picture makes more sense to me now and is kinda funny. I apologize

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.