Petenwell Dam

• z-man
    Dousman, WI

Can’t stand it any more. Gotta get that open water fix, and may drag the 12 ftr. over to the dam later this week, if Ma Nature and work schedule cooperate. Anyone know if the road down to ramp at the dam has been plowed?

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

I drove down there Feb 5 a Sat. around 11am. Two boats on the water below the dam and a few fisherman from shore. Water was very low, the launch was fine no ice or snow on half of the concrete enough to get a boat in. Saw a few legals caught in one of the boats. But water was low below the dam.
    Made me wish a had the boat.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Thanks for the comeback. Even with the additional snow we got last week, sounds like it should be do-able with a 4WD and a small boat.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I checked it out last friday and it was good to go. Good luck if you make it out.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Had the same feeling this mourning ,so I drove up there today to look and road was plowed before this last snow yesterday and drove down there with the grand am. If I would have had a shovel ,could have cleared the pad off and with the sun this mourning it would clear right off. Digging the little boat out tonight. The dells is open and fish are biting as well.

From Jeff

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Thanks for the ramp update, fellas. Pretty good chance it’s a go for Thursday and Friday.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Well, it was a go for Thursday and Friday. Spent some really nice Feb. days on open water with Diesel…good company, good numbers of the right kind of fish, but no size. We boated over 100 eyes in two partial days, with only one legal in the bunch. Only a couple other boats each day. Very low water, and no flow, as only two chutes were open. Ramp was in great shape. Going to take some flow to get ’em going, but nevertheless, a great way to shake the cabin fever.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Did you venture downriver or did you primarily target the dam area?

z-man
    Dousman, WI

We did venture down for a bit, and drifted the area by the creek that spills in just upriver from the 21 bridge. didn’t go beyond that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.