Castle Rock Slabs

• targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Today myself and four friends ventured to Castle Rock lake, which is an impoundment of the Wisconsin River. As I was unloading the truck on the ice I noticed I forgot to bring the flasher. I’ve never done that before and figured the day was going to be lame without it. So old school ice fishing was going to have to work. We set up in nine and a half feet on the buckhorn peninsula. Presentation of choice for this day was a basic slip bobber rig with a crappie minnow on all three of my rods. From past experiance I have learned that the crappies on this lake like to hang out in the bottom two feet of water so two of my rods were set at 2 feet off the bottom and one at 5 feet off the bottom for the occasional susspender. The action was pretty good up until about one then it shut off. Our group managed to catch around 50 to 60 crappies with each of us taking home 10 for the pan. Maybe next time I should leave the flasher at home.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Nice Crappies.

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Awesome job!!! Cant wait to head down there again on the 20th!

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Nice work Targa

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

Yeah that’s a pretty good day of crappie fishing. I have a friend that lives near Castle Rock Lake. I should take him out there sometime.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.