Bowfishing

• Schmidt2170

The WBA just had a tournament this past month on Petenwell from Chester Creek. Besides the tournament has anyone else been out there shooting on either Castle Rock or Petenwell? My brothers have gone a couple times and only averaged 8 to 16 fish a mix between commons and quillback and a few buffalos.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I haven’t bowfished, but this is the time of year when I see them all over on Petenwell while Walleye fishing

Schmidt2170

Thanks for the info. Yea, we usually see them everywhere jumping or fins out of the water. Have you seen any concentrated area of really big ones by chance. Specifically the Buffalo they are actually a good eating fish.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I see tons of them down by the south dike on Petenwell. They swim really close to the rocks.

castle-rock-clown

They are thick just below castle rock dam. During the summer when all the gates are closed they roam in packs. I bowfished decades ago, but seeing them like that is getting the interest going again. Launch is on east shore just below dam, look for sign off of “Z” pointing way to that dam bait shop.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.