Carpenter ants and spiders; oh my!

• to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I just bought a cabin and started pulling old windows for replacement today. I found LOTS of carpenter ants, spiders, Asian beetles, etc. What’s the most effective way to enact genocide on any species with more than 2 legs?…….. I’m mostly concerned with the carpenter ants as they seem to have done a real number on some of the framing lumber I’ve uncovered. I’d appreciate any advice or insight.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

nope

Iowaboy1

here we go again.

Attachments:
    1. cabin.png

Denny O
    Central IOWA

To-setter,
    The reason for your infestation is wood rot. A moist environment is their preferred home. Unlike a termite where the wood is food that they prefer more fresh.

Bassn Dan

Bayer Tempo concentrate. Available from amazon, fleet farm, farm & fleet, etc. (in the farm section – not the wussy yard and garden “spray and hope” section.)

Kills them dead NOW (less than a minute) and leaves a one year barrier against future insects. Not just wet wood that attracts them, carpenter ants also like to use dry cavities for nesting sites – think the space between joists…… Search and destroy any ground nests and spray around your foundation and between the foundation and sill, etc. for a perimeter barrier.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.