Carp Fishing in Minnesota

• nickster nickson

Any carp guys still active here? Looking to meet other people who enjoy catching carp on rod and reel. I’m in the Minneapolis area so always looking to meet other carp fishermen. Feel free to PM me and let’s chat.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

This about the time I’d usually start targeting the shallow flats adjacent to their winter holes they will stack up in. Worms are best for cold water with me, or even small paddletials have been effective here and there too.

I’m concentrating on other waters and species this spring so they get a pass for this spring. Good luck

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

As soon as the ice comes off the lake I will be out there. Bolt rigs work well with night crawlers. I am going to try some of the manufactured carp bait this year, because live bait won’t be allowed on mille lacs this year

nickster nickson

I normally fish the Mississippi for carp but looking into some lakes within an hours drive from Champlin. 2 of my favorite lakes (silver lake, Crystal/Twin Lake) were fished out by commercial fishermen.

Do you guys fish any lakes in the metro? Hoping to get some people together for a carp fish in. The river carp don’t seem to be active yet.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] and we can exchange spots/ideas etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.