Canvas boat cover

• kevinh1570
    New Richmond, Wi

Looking to purchase a new snap on custom boat cover and just wondering where everyone has went to get theirs??? I’m thinking it’s probably going to run around a grand for one but I’m not sure??? I have a 04 Lund fisherman.

Thanks

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Canvas Craft in Otsego. You will need to bring the boat there for measurements. They do a excellent job!

mattgroff

There is a place in savage MN called tarps I think. Off of county rd 13 I’ve never been there but I heard they are good. I’ve always wanted to stop in when I drive by to check them out.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

Canvas craft in ramsey does a fantastic job I’ve had them make me a snap on cover ffora boat a few years ago it was awesome! Cost was $800 they do a very good job!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Canvas Craft is in Otsego now. Be sure to call for the address, they are on Hwy. 101 North between I-94 inMaple Grove and Hwy. 10 & 169 in Elk River.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Lakes Area Custom Canvas in Lindstrom did an excellent job on the mooring cover for my boat and also made a replacement Sunbrella top for me. All the work was excellent.

Just as important, their prices seemed reasonable and even though it was summer, they got everything done quickly.

I was talking to the owner and he told me two things that I think are good to pass along:

– Be specific about your uses and storage conditions and listen to their advice. While a black cover might look really bad-ass with your new 27 foot bass boat, if you store it outside a black cover is the exact wrong choice.

Also, if you trailer long distances, be sure to tell them that. They will add extra snaps and reinforcements.

– Call and get it in TODAY. While you’d think that the winter would be a busy time with everyone wanting the boat to be done/dusted by spring, it’s just the other way around. It goes crazy in the spring and summer.

Grouse

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

The best advice I can give is to look at how tight the covers fit and lay on their past work. Most works are posted on web or in a book at their shop. When I was looking for a cover to be made this was the first thing I looked at. Waves in fabric can be a easy tell on low quality control.
    Considerations I have learned…
    – fabric type/matrial
    – wavey fit on the cover.
    -type of thread – cotton or goretex
    -Suports for cover
    -reinforcement in specific spots
    -Amount of snaps/straps

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.