maybe you can help

• bigmocs

hey guys
    i leave for canada in just under 2 weeks and as i do more research i am finding out that its not that easy to get in ….. i have 2 beer drinking charges on my record one a under age poss and the other a drinking in a public parking lot both are minor charges down here but do you think they will cause me problem at the border

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Call the Canada boarder patrol directly. I would hate to show up and they turn you back!

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

i cross the border quite routinely with clients duck hunting and with friends fishing.

GO TO A CANADIAN CONSULATE AND GET IT STRAIGHTENED OUT NOW.

Their attitude toward alcohol offenses is quite different than ours, but if you work with them, you can get it straightened out.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

your possession is not a problem at all. not sure on the other charge. may want to call as Stuwest suggested btu i think you will be just fine. If you had 2 DUI’s and you are not a celebrity than you will not get in if they check you.

stratos_375
    Southern Wisconsin

I don’t think you will have any problems. Neither of your previous infractions are considered “criminal” in nature either here or Canada, where DUI’s are considered felonies in Canada which is where you run into problems. A phone call as stated would clear it up though, enjoy your trip.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Make the call
    It’s cheaper than the gas if you get turned back

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

bigmocs

If you get a chance, you can do to the Pasha Lake forum and click on the discussion I posted on border crossings.

Also, I published an article in Bear Hunting Magazine on the topic. You can access that article at http://www.bear-hunting.com/issue.cfm

Or better yet, call me and I can answer some of the more common questions. 866 333 5943 ask for Chad

Good Luck.

bigmocs

well i made the call and after 3 hours of being transferd around from person to person they finaly gave me phone numbers to the canadian embessy’s in the usa …… only problem with that is you can only talk to them with questions through email which has a expected answer date of 2 -3 weeks any other ideas of a easier way to find out my answers

Chad Thompson

Call Kevin Begin (Superintendent at Fort Francis) (807) -274-5281

Or call Chris Kealey (Canada Border Services Agency) at 613 991 5197

bigmocs

thanks chad for the extra numbers.i hvent been able to get ahold of either of them but i left them messages so hopefully ill hear back tommorrow

Chad Thompson

Sounds good. If you still run into problems, call me

866 333 5943

bigmocs

hey guys
    just wanted to thank you again for your help…….i made it into canada with no problems and had a blast up there we caught over 100 pike and close to 100 walleye

wade

Chad Thompson

Sounds like an awesome trip! Congrats

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.