Cabelas Bargain Cave Disappeared

• Forrest Brenske

Anyone else notice that in the past month bargain caves have closed. Not a big fan it was one of my favorite things to do just to see what deals there are. Talked to an employee and he said they are now shipping everything to a singe store.

B-man

I’ve heard the same, but was surprised to see Woodbury’s was open as of Monday.

But overall still a classic Cabela’s experience……

Went there for one specific item.

A PFD re-arm kit….for one of THEIR LIFE JACKETS….

DIDN’T HAVE IT!! What a f-ing joke….

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

There was just a thread about this but I can’t seem to find it. I think it sucks. I loved the bargain cave. Does anyone know what store they will be shipping everything to?

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Rogers has always seemed to be their “premier” MN location, so if that’s their plan, my bet would be there.

SpoonbillSlayer
    St. Michael, MN

Its not in Rogers, that spot is full of Hunting clothes now. From that other thread I think they were just getting rid of them.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Well, and that’s why I’m not a gambling man. doah

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Yeah, I was at the Rogers store on Monday. The Bargain Cave is now Camo Clothing.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Never found a thing in the bargain cave. I called it the Total Joke Cave for the prices they put on stuff. Worn out, beat to sh!t hunting boots with cowsh!t still on the soles for $20 off. Wow, sign me up for that action.

Total waste of space. Space that especially the mini-mart stores like Woodbury can’t afford because they already stock almost nothing.

Here’s a riddle me this one, though. At one time in 2008 or 9, there were rumors that Bass Pro was negotiating a Mall of America MegaStore right next to IKEA. Then there were rumors that they bought the old Thunderbird site and were going to build there. Nothing ever happend. Any currunt rumors on getting a BIG Bass Pro in the Cities?

Grouse

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

At one time in 2008 or 9, there were rumors that Bass Pro was negotiating a Mall of America MegaStore right next to IKEA. Then there were rumors that they bought the old Thunderbird site and were going to build there. Nothing ever happend. Any currunt rumors on getting a BIG Bass Pro in the Cities?

I have been waiting for this since I first heard the rumors. I have not heard of anything in years about a big Bass Pro store.

The bargain cave is not 100% gone. They still have it on their web site. But it is just not the same.

B-man

With three Bass Pro Stores now within an hour of MOA, I wouldn’t hold your breath for another one to be put up there.

catnip
    south metro

3 cabelas not bass pro within an hour of moa.

Buffalo Fishhead

I noticed several times an item in the bargain cave would have a price tag that would say original price = XX and the bargain price = XX. The original price listed on the tag would be higher than the actual original price and higher than the exact same item out on the store floor. The discount price listed was not a real discount at all.

A good example: A number of years ago when Cabelas still made the Fish Eagle II rods I went into a bargain cave and there was a Fish Eagle II rod with about 3 inches broke off the tip. The tag said original price was $89.99 and discount price was $69.99. That model Fish Eagle II rod was always priced at $79.99 and identical unbroken rods in the Fishing Dept were $79.99. And, a couple times a years they were sale priced at 50% off. That model never was $89.99! I confirmed that with an employee in the Fishing Dept.

I never did find a good bargain in the Bargain Cave, so no big loss for me.

Buffalo Fishhead

eyeguy507
    SE MN

good, I have never found a thing in 10 years that I would consider a bargain. If it’s clothing I have better luck at Savers. Seems like damaged goods at a discount.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I never bought much from the bargain cave in the stores, but the bargain cave online there were some really great deals on camo clothing.

bigpike

Cabelas bargain cave = big fat waste of time. The only fun I ever had in there was to see what I could find the most used and abused for 5% off retail…

B-man

3 cabelas not bass pro within an hour of moa.

They’re the same thing now.

Inside there is some Bass Pro gear and Tracker Boats.

Aaron

When I was in the Cabela’s in Grand Forks an employee said they will be doing an end cap or a certain area in each department which will contain the same junk they would put in the bargain cave.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Boy, I got some great deals in there. Brand new hunting boots for my wife for $30. Brand new Stride Rite shoes for my son for $7. It was hit or miss, but I always stopped in to check. Kid of like garage sales. You can got to 10 bad ones in a row, but you never know what you’ll find at the next one! rotflol

glenn57
    cold spring mn

the wifey and I went through the cave at the rogers cabela’s. i wasnt impressed!!!!!! tongue

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.