Cabelas

• slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Cabelas Rogers has good selection of clothing almost too much. Was down on redwing for work Wednesday swung into 4 seasons had a great ammo selection more than I expected. More light fields than I’ve seen elsewhere. Even had 16 gauge slugs.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

I just got a fraud alert inquiry on my Cabela’s/Citibank card for a purchase at…Cabela’s. Fricking morons.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I just got a fraud alert inquiry on my Cabela’s/Citibank card for a purchase at…Cabela’s. Fricking morons.

Yeah, that’s terrible. I’d boycott.

munchy
    NULL

For a purchase you made or someone else?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Has anyone else noticed that on both Cabelas and Basspro’s website, there are an extraordinary number of products that have zero reviews? And many of these are for products that I know Cabelas has carried for a long time.

Did Basspro hit the “reset” button on products that they didn’t feel were getting a high enough rating?

Grouse

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Me, an online $50 purchase of a pair of pants and a Super Shad Rap. I hear those are hot with the fraudsters.

It’s inconvenient when it holds something up. They said it didn’t match my typical purchase pattern. Except that’s the very definition of my purchase pattern…

Karry Kyllo

Me, an online $50 purchase of a pair of pants and a Super Shad Rap. I hear those are hot with the fraudsters.

It’s inconvenient when it holds something up. They said it didn’t match my typical purchase pattern. Except that’s the very definition of my purchase pattern…

Personally, I have no problem with fraud alerts. I’m glad they try keeping an eye on what’s going on with my card.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

The family had a nice trip to Woodbury Cabelas yesterday. My 6 year didn’t have to wait in any lines to sit with Santa. We received a free 4×6 photo as well. Nice set up with free candy canes and play area with lincoln logs and big box of dirt for making ramps for miniature 4×4 trucks. The kids also colored a free cloth drawsting bag about 18″ by 24″s. Nice selection of ice fishing tents as well.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Who cares! If I have to check the news every time I buy fishing gear I might as well quit fishing.

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

Cabelas has to abide by the mom and pop law. Take ice fishing for example. Cabelas is only allowed to buy x amount of stuff. When that stuff is sold out, cabelas cannot get more. Cabelas has the buying power to buy all inventory from a company and none would be left for other stores. My local cabelas ice fishing gear is mostly gone by the fisrt of the year. Another week or two, they will be displaying their boats and open water gear and there wont be any ice gear to be found.

FryDog62

I have been at the Cabelas/Rogers store the first week of January the last couple years – and was very disappointed as to how little stock of rods/reels, tackle, etc… and stayed that way until March.

But was there this past week and was really surprised by how well stocked they are this year. Don’t know if that’s a reflection of combining with BPS or not, but it was really nice for a change..

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Woodbury store sucks big time for clothing. Redhead crap has taken over. I quickly disposed of a gift certificate but don’t plan on spending much of my cash there this year.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Woodbury store sucks big time

There, fixed it for ya waytogo I was there last night only because I had a gift card. I checked online for the items I was after and it said Woodbury store had them all in stock. Got there and couldn’t find the first item. Found an employee and said I was looking for this item. His exact words were “yeah, so are we, haven’t had then in stock for a long time.” I bought a couple things just to burn the gift card cause I wasn’t going back flame Next time I get a gift card for there I am going to regift it to someone I don’t like.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Worse thing that ever happened was BPS buying them out.
    I don’t hardly ever see any sales anymore, the Red Head crap is dominating the floors, even the moral of a lot of employees I know and talk to is in the tank. They say they hear complaints all the time now from customers.

All of the Cabela’s name brand gear is disappearing and never coming back.
    Such a shame… I can’t even find anything to burn up my Cabelas points on. flame And NO, you cant have them. moon

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

Not being able to find anything to spend club points on is seriously LOL.
    Now you’re just complaining to complain.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Bullcans is not the only customer. This has happened to me 3-4 times in the last year alone.

(The need to burn up club points on the fear they would be eliminated at some point. I typically earn $100 + a month)

It’s very disappointing. smash

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Another week or two, they will be displaying their boats and open water gear

and valentine candy.

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

Well, if I couldn’t find anything to use my points on, and I collected that amount of points, I would be finding a different card to use.
    And at some point, aren’t you going to have all the ‘stuff’ you need?
    You do know you can use your points online as well, right?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I was more referring to YOUR comment. I don’t think that was a valid reply.

I happen to drive by the Woodbury store 3-5 times a week. Should not need to order on line. Since BPS bought the place, it has gone downhill in the products it has IN STOCK ! Just backing up what others have stated.

-J.

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

I agree it has gone downhill. And in a hurry. The Cabelas by me is huge. Their stock and variety is down. I’ve been to some small cabelas that kind of made me laugh.
    order on line….ship to store for free….pick it up one of those times you drive by.
    I will say that changing auto pays to another card can be a hassle.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’m one of those people who wants to see things up close and personal before I buy it. If a store cannot give me that option or provided that option then I don’t shop there, plain and simple. People that live on credit cards and internet sales are ….I won’t go there. Bass Pro lost me twenty five years ago. Why would I ever ponder the thought of ordering from them on-line even if the store to pick up is a Cabelas? Both store front are junk.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Instead of repeatedly complaining about what the big departments don’t have or carry…I have found that visiting the local bait shops and paying ~20% more for my tackle is far worth the cost. If they do not carry what you want, try asking. It’s amazing what some of the best small places will do to cater to their local customers. Our local baitshop has dropped off willowcats at my door before, ordered special colors of crankbaits, gives gear suggestions, let me try different firearms for free, and always is willing to share some tips or chatter they have heard.

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

look, im just offering solutions to problems.
    I too, like to look at and touch things before I buy them.
    It really gets on my nerves when im in a store, any store, and I ask an employee for help finding an item. When they don’t have the item in, they tell me they can order it. I always tell them I can order it as well, but i’m here today and want it today. That’s the whole reason for a store front.

CaptainMusky

Who cares! If I have to check the news every time I buy fishing gear I might as well quit fishing.

I agree. To me, that policy of not showing those types of photos makes sense. Hunts of those type have been quite controversial for a long long time. While it does concern me that this may be the beginning of something bigger down the line.
    From my personal perspective, I do not have trouble with these “safari” type hunts, but I will admit, when I see a hunting show that is airing one of these types of hunts I immediately turn the channel. Just not of interest to me at all and I watch a lot of hunting shows. FWIW the same occurs for me when I see saltwater fishing shows.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Where have I seen a thread like this before ? ………….oh yeah, Gander Mountain. grin

CBMN
    North Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>phishingruven01 wrote:</div>

Bullcans is not the only customer. This has happened to me 3-4 times in the last year alone.

(The need to burn up club points on the fear they would be eliminated at some point. I typically earn $100 + a month)

It’s very disappointing. smash

-J.

I agree with you also Jon, and now the card doesn’t work at Costco, it wont be long before I am done with Cabelas. Product quality and inventory goes down hill and it less convenient to use, not a great business model.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

To me, that policy of not showing those types of photos makes sense. Hunts of those type have been quite controversial for a long long time.

Oh, I definitely understand their desire to avoid controversy. I just think it’s short-sighted and worth noting when a company such as Cabela’s makes such a change to the values that guided and defined them for so long.

And it’s worth considering some of the potential long-term consequences. When you stop showing something openly, it becomes secret, and that suggests that you’re ashamed of it because it’s somehow wrong. Once the anti-hunters have made it inappropriate to be open about hunting wild game in Africa, it’s on to the next thing and the next after that, and eventually my great-grandchildren will have to keep it a secret that they’re shooting those poor innocent deer and turkeys right here at home. Cabela’s is absolutely one of the big public faces of hunting and fishing, and I worry this is just one in a death by a thousand cuts…

Mr. Derek
    NULL

I was at the one in Rogers today. Like FryDog said their open water selection was better than it used to be this time of year. I still left empty handed and found what I needed at Overton’s. Cabelas had a bunch of quick strike rigs but all were 11″ and over hook to hook doah

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Was just in the Richfield Wis . store ,still have the Bargain Cave . They had a ton of ice fishing stuff

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.