Cabelas

• Francis K
    Champlin, MN

We had a bit of time to kill today and decided to head over to “The Worlds Foremost Outfitter” in Rogers. I had been browsing a new orange jacket for the upcoming deer season and was previously at Fleet Farm looking and just was not completely happy with the selection. Canela’s had a selection of of vests and bibs at the entrance but no jackets. We proceeded through the men’s section and back to the “camo” room and to our surprise didn’t find anything that we were looking for. ??? Finally we found an associate to ask where orange hunting jackets were. To our dismay he said “There may be one left at the entrance but could be gone”.

We were a bit surprised and even more annoyed by this. Really? No deer hunting jackets? To us it just seemed really odd considering the time of year. It’d be like Carribu not having pumpkin spice latte for the fall season.

I’m done ranting.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

We were in Cabelas/Rapid City a week ago and all I can say is that the store there had a hunting /shooting department that’s ten times what any store in Minnesota has.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

They have been going downhill fast over the last few years. So much that ive decided to drop my cabelas credit card as i just dont even care to go in the store to even get “free” stuff from cabelas even.
    Went to the fleetfarm card…

Andrew Rice

I was just at the one in EGF, MN and it sure seems like they don’t care much about ice fishing. All of the summer gear is going to remain front and center all year. The ice houses are tucked away off to one side and the ice rods and ice line were damn near hidden. Although I think they have added more ice fishing tackle.

munchy
    NULL

I was in Owatonna Cabelas last week and was quite surprised they still had the bargain cave open seeing as all the rest got shut down. Didn’t find anything in there I needed however. I was actually happy to see the fishing area had expanded since the last time I was there about 6 months ago and it had signs saying the selection was getting bigger. They had just started putting out the ice stuff and it was already 3 or 4 aisles and looked to be getting bigger.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Thinking of dropping their CC, they are changing to new card and company. Screws up my Bank’s bill pay. Then went to make a payment for an item I purchased two days ago and it was still posting as “Pending” and the site wouldn’t let me pay electronically. I’m guessing they would rather set me up for a potential late fee.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Ganders gone, onto Cabelas ! If some couldn’t beoch, they couldn’t talk. rotflol rotflol rotflol (insert FF commercial)

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

You’ll probably have to hit Joe’s or Mills. I dont know if Woodbury Cabelas has much orange or not.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Anyone else get a midway USA flyer the other day? Do they have brick and mortar?

I remember a few years back another business started sending out flyers into the area and had a store front a short time there after. Would be nice…

Cameron white

Anyone else get a midway USA flyer the other day? Do they have brick and mortar?

I remember a few years back another business started sending out flyers into the area and had a store front a short time there after. Would be nice…

You can pick up orders from their warehouse, but no storefront.

rjohnson8404

I wish Scheels had more locations. They are far and away better then any store within normal metro driving.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I went to the rodgers location for waterfowl camo and it was a pretty poor selection when I was their as well.
    Hope they come back to the game I hate buying online. But has been my go to lately

disco bobber

Midway USA has been good to me for shooting supplies. I agree that Scheels is better as well. They don’t seem to run out of popular items a week into whatever season it is and their prices are competitive.

Charles

Its kind of sad seeing the taxidermy display at rogers I think they are going to have to rethink that out cause those animals were not looking to good.

L

I’m not in the market for blaze but shop it all every year with the intent to upgrade an item or two.
    Gander Outdoors/Overtons in EP’s selection was a joke. I checked last week and they had 2 pair of blaze bibs, a 2XL jacket, a pair of gloves, and 1 hat…all tucked behind a partition upstairs.
    Cabela’s in Rogers was slightly better but not by much. A store that large in this industry shouldn’t be able to fit all their camo in a room as small as the old BC. Also lots of base layer staples that they used to carry are gone this year – just when I was ready to upgrade and drop a few hundred.
    Cabin Fever in Voctoria has the expected selection and I dare say they had more than Cabela’s or Gander.
    Fleet Farm in Carver and Brooklyn Park had everything I needed and more blaze than the rest combined. If you need blaze, don’t waste your time – just go to fleet.
    I can’t wait for Scheels to open in EP, it’s been a solid store everytime I’ve been in the Fargo or Waite Park locations.

Reef W

Midway USA has been good to me for shooting supplies. I agree that Scheels is better as well. They don’t seem to run out of popular items a week into whatever season it is and their prices are competitive.

Ammo was one thing I consistently got at Cabela’s but I just ordered from Midway instead a couple of days ago. Everything I wanted was, of course, out of stock in the store and the shipping takes a couple days longer than it does from Midway.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

We were in Cabelas/Rapid City a week ago and all I can say is that the store there had a hunting /shooting department that’s ten times what any store in Minnesota has.

I shot a bow in that range, it is awesome.

CaptainMusky

I have found that my recent visits to Cabelas have left me not finding what I had hoped to find. However, regarding blaze orange apparel, they have some online and its really a great deal.
    I was searching 2 weeks ago and searched for “all blaze orange” clothing and literally only came up with a few vests. 2 weekends ago I saw a buddy post about the sweet deal he got at Cabelas, so I checked the site, a BOOM, it was much more full of blaze apparel.
    My son needed new gear so I got him the Red Head Parka and bibs. I actually bought another parka for me because it was cheap and my zipper is a PITA on my Gander parka.
    These waterproof, windproof and have a blaze zip out liner in the parka. Very nice jackets.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Fleet Farms whole hunting area is filled with Blaze orange everything.

404 ERROR
    MN

Including panties…

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Fleet is my go to normally, but really looking forward to the new Scheels store opening at Eden Prairie Center in the old Sears space.

disco bobber

Just got a Bass Pro/Cabelas Christmas in the mail. Both company names were on it.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>

Including panties…

devil devil rotflol rotflol

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Including panties…

I’m going to have to surprise the lady friend with a pair, if she wants to sit in the stand with me she can wear them for saftey

L

If BPS/Cabela’s messed up this bad regarding blaze orange and missing the deer/gun season….I’m actually looking forward to see how bad they mess up the ice fishing season. If they manage to tank that as badly as deer/gun – they are doomed!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

If BPS/Cabela’s messed up this bad regarding blaze orange and missing the deer/gun season….I’m actually looking forward to see how bad they mess up the <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>ice fishing season. If they manage to tank that as badly as deer/gun – they are doomed!

I’m usually a Cabelas basher, but the last time I went in to the Woodbury store their stock was WAY up. Fishing tackle, rods, plastics, and apparel. They have had the ice fishing gear in for at least 3 weeks and it’s actually a decent selection. I’m not saying it’s going to stay this way but it was a pleasant surprise walking in there a couple weeks ago and actually finding the stuff I wanted.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Cabelas in Owatonna is going downhill fast IMO.I see less and less of the Cabelas brand stuff and more and more of the Redhead brand pushed by BPS flooding the store. A friend of mine that works there says BPS is pushing out all the Cabelas stuff and bringing in this RedHead stuff on purpose. No blaze orange deer hunting stuff either. BPS will drive this store into the ground as far as I’m concerned and once i find something to spend the rest of my Cabelas points on (which is getting harder with the crap they are bringing in) i’m done shopping there.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Merican Eagle wrote:</div>

Including panties…

devil devil rotflol rotflol

What, are you running low on panties Glenn?

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

These stores are going to sell what makes them the most money. You can’t blame them. Holding onto truckloads of bulky hunting gear for the 11 month offseason must not be cost effective, or else they would be willing to do that more readily. Same goes for the ice fishing gear at Mill’s Fleet in Waite Park. It’ll be picked over before the ice is hard enough to walk on, and it won’t get restocked all winter.

Scheels in St. Cloud is excellent, although it’s becoming more of a clothing store every year. Cabela’s in Rogers is plenty good. That said, aside from occasional clothes that I wish to try on or fishing rods that I wish to handle, Cabela’s and Scheels have very little that I can’t buy online, and probably for a little cheaper. I do like making larger purchases on the Scheels credit card with zero interest for a period.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.