Broken Rods

• MX1825

Don’t be such a Debbie Downer, Sheldon. I’m about to fire up the TurboHonda this afternoon. Nothing to adding a turbo to a snowblower, the internet can’t be wrong. You wimpy 8 hp guys eat my dust, I’m getting 78 ponies out of this boosted baby now.

Hold my beer and watch this…
    [/quote]

Waiting for the video. There should ALWAYS be a video after someone says “Here hold my beer”!!!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Waiting for the video. There should ALWAYS be a video after someone says “Here hold my beer”!!!

Don’t forget to like and subscribe, MX. I’ll freaking know if you don’t.

Iowaboy1

I happened to be up north on a service call and found out where Grouse lives, I snuck over there and peaked over the fence.
    Hes been misleading us with the turbo job!! this is what he is really working on!!

Attachments:
    1. Grouses-secret-project.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Grouse will be throwing snow from his driveway to the neighbors driveway just to watch them break there snow blower again. Job security. That honda will have more throwing power then the snow machines at the ski hills

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Iowa boy let’s figure a way to rig my cr500 motor in my Toro.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I bet T style boat cleats have broken more rods than anything else.

They have got a few of mine

CaptainMusky

I had a custom noodle rod break in my Striker rod case. I shut a spinning rod in the door when I was in HS. Other than that just a few eyelets over the years.

Red Reno

I have broken my fair share of rods but I saw one last spring get broken that had me laugh and cry all at the same time. I live in a “lakes community” so lots of people come during the summer to enjoy the lakes and fish. A husband/wife were in line to pay and they were buying some pretty nice rods. The wife is playing around with the rod like a 5 year old and she raised it way up in the air and right into the ceiling fan. Snapped off the top 8-10 inches. The husband kept his cool much better than I would have in the same situation especially when it was a $200+ rod. Top it off is rods were in pretty high demand the spring of 2021 when everyone was buying fishing equipment.

Iowaboy1

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>iowaboy1 wrote:</div>

You guys dont know how to break a rod until you break one like this!!
    Its a good example of what happens when you have too much boost, too much nitrous, too much timing and too many RPM’s!! or a combo of all of the above!

I disagree, does the word “Peyronie” mean anything to you?

Like this???

Attachments:
    1. bent-connecting-rod.jpg

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I broke a rod the other night. I knew this would happen since I made this post. Pulled a tote down that had a service manual on top. I didn’t remember the manual was there and it fell off as I was taking the tote down. It broke the rod by the stripper guide. doah

big_g
    Isle, MN

As a kid… more than I care to remember. I was terrible at grabbing the old fiberglass rods in the middle and lifting big fish. In my adult life, I can vividly remember 2 snapping in the truck box, when a battery slid across the bed and snapped 2 Gary Roach Walleye Rods and one so snapped when snagged on a log in northern Manitoba.

Riverrat

I’m going with 30. Maybe a little less. When you don’t have a boat and you are wiling to go through anything to get to a spot sometimes things get broke. I used that christmas code from a different thread to replace two that got broke just last year, one on a fish and one that got snagged on the cross bar of my tonneau cover.

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

A few. The worst was having two Cabela’s fish eagle spinning rods which at the time were very nice rods get whacked at the same time by a ceiling fan. Both broke on the first fish. doah

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.