Ice reports in the area.

• Zach H

Just was wondering what the ice report was for the area lakes? What will opener look like? Hoping for some open water after this warm week.

briansmude

I’m guessing small lakes with any current should be open but I doubt the big ones will be open. I’ll be on the river so I know I’m safe. Chances are even if you find open water fishing will be slow anyways. Of course these are only my guesses.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

…any guess right now are purely speculative. Depends on sooo many different factors. Won’t know till’ Saturday morning at the boat landings! RR

patk
    Nisswa, MN

I wasn’t on the lakes but was in the area over the weekend. On saturday I saw three guys walkin out on to Round lake off 371 for one more shot through the ice.

My family’s place is on the narrows by Zorbaz and Bar Harbor. The channel in front of us went fully ice free on Sunday. That said, only the few hundred yards was fully ice free. 99% of Gull and others are still locked up.

Will be a good week for melting but can’t say what will be open and what won’t. I’m on the pessimistic side for everything to be open.

mgb

As of Tuesday afternoon (5/7), the ice is still on North Long, Round, and Gull (except channels).

mgb

As of Friday noon, ice still on North Long, Round, and Hubert. There was ice on Edward and Pelican yesterday – I assume it’s still there today.

But it’s receding and looks pretty spongy. I suspect that even with the cool temps tonight, it will be gone by noon Saturday (rain and wind will help).

I don’t know the situation with docks at public ramps. The couple I looked at did not have their docks out. So launching might be a bit “wetter”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.