Nisswa area report 2/23-2/24

• patk
    Nisswa, MN

With limited time I managed to find a few fish this weekend.

I had a couple hours available at sunset on saturday. Gave the NW corner of Gull a try. I did fairly well until the sun hit the horizon. 6 small walleyes and 1 keeper. I also missed several more with the rod and two with the tip up. Bobber and a small demon jig got all the fish. Nothing when jigging. Structure was a steep shore break down to 30’ish fow and most fish on the bottom of the break.

Sunday was a really fun day. Warm enough to sit comfortably outside but cool enough to keep the snow from getting everything soaked. Had a buddy join me for a little bucket fishing on Margaret.

Once again I was on a time restriction and had three hours. We were targeting gills and crappies. We had crazy good action for the firsth 2.5 hours. Lots or sorting through a ton of small ones but several decent sunnies and about a half dozen decent crappies.

Some days it’s better to be lucky than good. I’ve been fishing this lake more off than on for the past three winters. Most days we do rather poorly but were lucky. My buddy is local and was able to stay out longer. He said the bite totally shut down when I left too No guilt as I had all the holes drilled before he showed up.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.