bowstring area

• Erik Swenson

That’s great news Glenn. Must have gotten a good soaking overnight finally Sunday after we left. We’re back up this weekend so will see if made much difference. Going to take quite a bit more than that…

John, you’ll have to let me know how it is down there at the south end if you end up using it. I haven’t tried Bowstring Shores yet either. They appear to have a good ramp. I may just pay to launch there. Snug Harbor next door to Georgene’s has a launch too. Wonder how low the water in their harbor is, but would be worth asking to save you some trailering maybe.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Launched at Snug Harbor in 2012. Harbor should be OK, I think, but getting out into the lake may be sketchy.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

John, you’ll have to let me know how it is down there at the south end if you end up using it. I haven’t tried Bowstring Shores yet either. They appear to have a good ramp. I may just pay to launch there. Snug Harbor next door to Georgene’s has a launch too. Wonder how low the water in their harbor is, but would be worth asking to save you some trailering maybe.

Might be an option, I heard Snug is to shallow to get out of the Harbor. shock

glenn57
    cold spring mn

yea, Gunner from next door said that!! and he’s no far from these resorts on sand lake!!!!!

kinda a bummer though….Geigers webcam has been down for over a week so cant keep an eye on bowstring!!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Winnie outpost posted this picture from yesterday afternoon of traffic going into deer river. They started limiting the amount of bait each person was allowed to buy.

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1715436856652.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

headed up tomorrow afternoon for 9-10 days…… i’ll head home before monday to avoid the crazy memorial day traffic!!!!!

Erik Swenson

Sounds like a good plan Glenn. Dug the boat out of storage and will be dragging it up on Friday. Let me know if you want to try get out.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I will be up there Midday Friday is the plan. Glenn and I already talked about getting together for a cold beverage, both of you have my number.

Erik Swenson

You bet John! Hopefully not for just one. Shoot me a text when you guys are settled in over at Georgene’s.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

when we do i got some special treats to give ya guys…….my world famous smoked fish!!!! devil rotflol woot waytogo

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Well probably more than one Erik. We are up there to fish remember. Mahaps if you are on the eyes we would have some extra time. whistling

Glenn looking forward to the world famous smoked snot rockets! jester

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Does anyone know what the public launch just to the west of Geigers looks like. Want to launch my deep v there

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Only been to that one once and it was during the winter, so¿?????

Netguy
    Minnetonka

John, my buddies that are up there said to launch a big boat there the truck tires would be off the cement slats. Big boats probably need to use the south access but they didn’t check that one.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Thanks I will probably look at paying Bowstring Shores to launch. That access is a long drive. John let me know how the truck turns out. Wishing you luck sir.

Deuces

Me and some fellas will be staying on the south end of winnie, if things heat up here or there we should share reports. I’ll shoot ya a text John.

Tight lines toast

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Sounds good Nick. This will be my first run with the almighty Livescope on board. So like everyone says I should catch every damn fish in the lake. whistling

Erik Swenson

Thanks I will probably look at paying Bowstring Shores to launch. That access is a long drive. John let me know how the truck turns out. Wishing you luck sir.

John, wife sent me a facebook post for Bowstring Shores stating they were looking into allowing non guest traffic at their launch with their insurance company. This was a couple of days ago. I have’t seen an update so you may want to call them first. It’s likely both northern public launches are still no go for larger boats. Geiger’s may be doable too if you want to avoid the 30 minute drive around to Otenegen… Let me know what you end up doing.

Erik Swenson

Well probably more than one Erik. We are up there to fish remember. Mahaps if you are on the eyes we would have some extra time. whistling

Mahaps John. I know where to start looking anyway. Have to get out there first… Suppose I better remember to get my license before then too rotflol

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Last year when I stayed at Geigers the launch was pretty rough, thats why I used the public to the west of them. Sounds like I might be taking the long drive around to the south access. Will call Shores today.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

We will be up mid-Friday to mid-Monday staying at Winnie dam campground. I may shoot you a message John to see how that south landing was for you. Plan for us is to fish Winnie friday afternoon and then play the wind/weather the following days. May hit Bowstring, Jessie, sucker bay on Leech, or a combination thereof.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

So I just got off the phone with Bowstring Shores and they are waiting on a waiver form from a lawyer. He said they have been getting lots of calls about it. He told me to call him tomorrow. So he thinks soon. Sucks we live in a world that they have to have a waiver.

Erik Swenson

Agreed John. Just dumb…

Well, I have an extra set of waders and a 14 footer that we can try to get going if we have to… jester toast

You guys on Winnie are in for a treat wind wise this weekend! Tight lines!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Sitting by the campfire sipping on some scotch and enjoying a cigar. wrapping up a 3 day stay on winnie. We stayed at the winnie dam campground. Nice facility. Bathrooms are clean. It’s close to the road which provides some noise but it’s tolerable. Friday night some new fellers show up at the site next to me. Look like trouble so I downed a few beers and mosied on over. We talked over a few beers for an hour or so. Very nice guys. I walked back to my site and was preparing to go back out fishing so was reading some posts for info. I remember the feller saying he was from cloquet and I put two and two together and walked back over and asked if he was Waldo. Sure enough he was. Very nice to meet you @waldo9190. If I ever find myself in cloquet with some time maybe we can chase some eyes on the st louis sometime.

Fishing was tough during the day. Managed only a few pike through 2 days of fishing. Then last night we found em pulling cranks in 6 ft of water. One after another. Couldn’t keep em off our lines but unfortunately the storm chased us off the lake. Today we took it easy relaxing in camp and I spent some money at the gosh dam place. Awesome bar! Went back out for the night bite and was just like the night before – hitting shallow running cranks. Wasn’t as fast and furious but managed 8 walleyes tonight to go along with a half dozen the night before. All in the 17-19″ range. Winnie is a cool lake and ill definitely be back

Attachments:
    1. Messenger_creation_7e9d9b5f-ec58-4bd1-acbf-9b969e9165fc.jpeg

Viewing 25 posts - 181 through 205 (of 205 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.