• glenn57
    cold spring mn

A little feller stopped by! waytogo

Eric I’m headed back either Thursday afternoon or Fri morning

Attachments:
    1. 20240213_115656-scaled.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

This only wouldn’t let my decoy alone. He came back like 8 times… but he’s swimming for another day

Attachments:
    1. 20240214_075330-1-scaled.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

seen on the book o ffaces Geigers is strongly recommending not traveling on the lake with anything bigger then a side by side. they said there’s a pretty good size crack inn front of there place that runs out to an ice heave!!!!

Erik Swenson

There was about 17″ in the area we were fishing last weekend with one SUV and one full size PU out there. I think they drove on at Bowstring shores though. We’re getting a natural dredging along the northeast shore and looked to be blocking some vehicle traffic from the public access up there. Lake has been pretty quiet in general this winter and not complaining.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

There’s open water in front of Geigers.

Erik Swenson

Yeah, Geiger’s reported someone on foot went through out in front of their place last week too. I was up Thurs-Sun last week. Ice to shore in front of our place, but looking soft and rough. It was very windy last weekend too and you could see the crack over there that had opened way up by Saturday.

Then when I woke up Sunday the entire northern 1/3 of the lake was open. I had to rub my eyes and look again. shock Wind must really have piled the ice up on the SE side of the lake then the remaining sheet slipped in behind it with the wind shift. Wonder if it will refreeze some now. It was 16 degrees on Sunday am.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i’m waiting patiently for the overnight low to get a tad warmer to go back up to change the cabin from winter to summer. its been 5 weeks!! UGH! tongue doah doah

probably mid April!!!!!! that’ll be the longest stretch since i’ve been retired!!!

Erik Swenson

Yep, storm windows are staying on another month at our place. Let me know if you need a hand with anything if we’re up there around the same time. toast

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Yep, storm windows are staying on another month at our place. Let me know if you need a hand with anything if we’re up there around the same time. toast

waytogo thanks nothing that big i usually can handle, but a G-T-G is possible!!!!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

looking at the webcams up there…….guess its time to head up to turn the cabin back to summer mode. might even have a few beers!!!! waytogo woot

looks like the snow and ice has disappeared!!!!! waytogo

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Got to the cabin about 11 yesterday. Some ice floating around on Roosevelt otherwise lakes are ice free. There’s still frost in the ground about 2 inches down.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

If anyone ends up on Bowstring I would love water temp updates. Looking forward to mid May when we will be up there for a long weekend. Glenn behave yourself now, I imagine your unsupervised. whistling

glenn57
    cold spring mn

If anyone ends up on Bowstring I would love water temp updates. Looking forward to mid May when we will be up there for a long weekend. Glenn behave yourself now, I imagine your unsupervised. whistling

devil yep jester water temp… it’s COLD! Figured it out putting the dock in yesterday.

Erik Swenson

I’m headed up tomorrow, John. I’ll try to remember to send you an update if I get a chance.

You staying over to Geiger’s again? PM me when you’re headed up. If I’m up that weekend we’ll need to meet for some cold snacks… toast

CBMN
    North Metro

I believe the ice went out on big Winnie on Monday.

I will also be up in that area for a week starting May 10th. Might have to do an informal gathering?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I’m headed up tomorrow, John. I’ll try to remember to send you an update if I get a chance.
    You staying over to Geiger’s again? PM me when you’re headed up. If I’m up that weekend we’ll need to meet for some cold snacks

Thanks Erik. No we are staying at Georgenes this year going up Friday the 17th heading back Monday. I will try to remember to hit you up, it would be fun to meet up.

Glenn thanks for your detailed temp readings. jester

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I will also be up in that area for a week starting May 10th. Might have to do an informal gathering?

If your still up there on the 17th we should try to make it happen. waytogo

Erik Swenson

For sure John. We’re less than a mile from Georgene’s.

CBMN – absolutely should if you’re still up then or at another time this season. I’ll likely be up quite a bit this summer with some projects kicking off at the cabin. PM me if you want.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

hey Erik……it was nice meeting up with you again and meeting your bride!!!!!! waytogo

nice place and should keep ya outta Rileys for a while with all the projects you got lined up!!!!! mrgreen jester

did ya ever get that water temp for John……..apparently “COLD” might not work! devil

Erik Swenson

Yeah Glenn, thanks for stopping out!

Sorry John, never did find the thermometer I thought I had up there. Wife and I dug the kayaks out Saturday evening when the wind laid down. It felt maybe 50 degrees where it’s shallow out front of our place. Probably not out of the 40s yet elsewhere on the lake.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Sorry John, never did find the thermometer I thought I had up there. Wife and I dug the kayaks out Saturday evening when the wind laid down. It felt maybe 50 degrees where it’s shallow out front of our place. Probably not out of the 40s yet elsewhere on the lake.

I didn’t know you were a Kayak guy. shock jester

No big deal let me know if you do get out please. Suppose it doesn’t matter that much, always pack up all the rods and tackle anyway! woot

Erik Swenson

$100 inflatable kayak guy yes… toast lol

The lake just iced out a week ago yesterday so still pretty sterile out there. Clear, no weeds yet and really low. Didn’t see any boats out this past weekend.

I’ll be up again at the end of the month and will try to make a better effort to get you a temp reading.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The lake just iced out a week ago yesterday so still pretty sterile out there. Clear, no weeds yet and really low. Didn’t see any boats out this past weekend.

I’ll be up again at the end of the month and will try to make a better effort to get you a temp reading.

Thanks bud. Hoping the water levels are back up a little by then for launching if nothing else.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Erik, have you been up lately??? are they getting any decent rains that you can tell?????

most of the lakes are going to be a biatch to put a boat in if they dont! doah

Erik Swenson

I was up this past weekend. Light rain a good chunk of the weekend and think more overnight. More supposedly on the way this week. We put the dock and lift in hoping for levels to come up otherwise will be useless. I wouldn’t be able to get within 40 yds of the dock right now…

John – I didn’t have a chance to get a temp.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

John – I didn’t have a chance to get a temp.

I guess at this point I just hope I can get the boat in the water and old George has enough dock out. shock

Paul Berger

Just a heads up, I have used dock supports that I am willing to sell if you want to invest in some wood from the lumber yard in deer river? Had to extend my dock on cut foot thirty plus feet. Little bit more labor intensive but, it may keep your boats in deeper water? PM if interested.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i found out they just had an 1 3/4 recently!!!!!!!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

i found out they just had an 1 3/4 recently!!!!!!!

Good keep it coming Glenn, only a few weeks out, looking like I have to run all the way to the south access which sucks cause I’m all the way across the lake from it.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Pretty much what Erik said when I stopped by his place last time up.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.