Bow Question

• hman
    Thief River Falls, MN

Do any of you use a Hoyt ignite bow for deer hunting? Trying to get into bow hunting and used this bow in the past for target shooting. I think this one in particular is meant more for target shooting. I’m hoping I don’t have to buy another bow, but I’m willing to look at some different options. Are there any other bows that you would suggest that won’t drain my wallet?

BTW the Ignite has up to 70lbs of draw force.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Haven’t heard of bows that are just for target shooting. Unless your talking about something with a 2 ft plus stabilizer.

404 ERROR
    MN

The ignite was designed as a compact hunting bow, so I would absolutely use it as such. It has a 28″ ATA, which is pretty short for a target bow but excellent for hunting.

Most hunting bows are around a 30″ ATA, give or take a few. My hunting bow (Mathews Creed) is 30″. FWIW, most bows designed for “target” shooting are 35″+ ATA. I use a Mathews Drenalin LD for 3D and that has an ATA of 37″. Geometry plays a huge roll in bow balance, but generally longer bows are easier to balance and hold steady, hence why target bows are almost always longer.

Jack
    Stillwater, MN

I’ve hunted with my Hoyt Ignite for about 4 years now. Works great.

hman
    Thief River Falls, MN

Thanks for the replies…learn something new everyday I guess

Protourbaits1

My wife shoots the ignite. Killed two deer with it so far.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.