Bostic Bay LOTW

• grizzly
    nebraska

Anyone have any info on Bostic Bay and the resorts on it? is it a good place to get out of to get on the lake? just wanting to get some info on the area, looks like some nice places and resorts in there. would like to hear the goods and bads if any. thanks for anything you have

Cryrus Resort is one of the nicest places on the south end and my preferred place to stay on LOTW. Nice updated cabins, docks with power, clean fish cleaning facility and a good restaurant too.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Cyrus is top notch. Always clean and very friendly.

grizzly
    nebraska

Anyone been to Ken Mar Ke resort

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Been going to Cyrus through last 3 owners. Always has been a pleasure. Very clean Cabins and friendly staff.
    They now have ice roads so you can drive yourself onto the lake.
    Great protected bay when summer fishing.
    Another really nice place on south end is Zipple bay. They have the Famous Ice igloo bar on the lake that you can drink… and fish out of.
    Further west would be Arnesons rocky reef. Not as nice as accomadations as the other 2 mentioned (nice bar and resturant), but very close to some of the best structure fishing on the US Side.
    Guess that’s my $.02

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I’ve been to Ken Mar Ke and hopefully will get back there again sometime. I think I’ve been the 7-8 times. Definitely go back. All times have been open water.

grizzly
    nebraska

I’ve been to Ken Mar Ke and hopefully will get back there again sometime. I think I’ve been the 7-8 times. Definitely go back. All times have been open water.

I heard it is a very nice place and very clean resort, I may pull my camper up for the summer.is it good going out of the bay in boat to fish? have allways stayed by the river and gone out threw the gap, this looks like it would be better

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

The water level fluctuates, but they do a good job of marking the channel. I’d love to have a camper up there. High school classmate of mine has a trailer there and spends the whole summer there. Didn’t know that until I went there with a group.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I heard it is a very nice place and very clean resort, I may pull my camper up for the summer.is it good going out of the bay in boat to fish? have allways stayed by the river and gone out threw the gap, this looks like it would be better
    [/quote]

It’s a good ride of of Bostic Bay. Shorter than running up the river. Like always on south side of LOTW’s, if wind is coming out of west or north, it’s rough getting onto the lake. I’ve turned around at the marker bouys heading onto lake from Bostic Bay more than once. 1 time I regret even going that far!!!

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

If the winds coming from the west or north, you might want to do something else that day.

grizzly
    nebraska

And some days we could drive to long point to put the boat in if it would help

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.