Blade Storage

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

This has been discussed before and I can’t seem to Google it up, looking for some help organizing a bunch of blades.

Links also work, thanks guys.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Here’s a few options.

Attachments:
    1. 0DC84C20-ED0E-4CBF-AB1A-7A3B6EA4A941.png

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Thats not even storage man, thats blades yes, but cmon, i expect a better smart@ss than that, lets step it up here.

Trent W
    Chatfield, MN

Assuming you are asking about blade baits, I would think a Special Mate tackle box would do the job. I have one for shad style crankbaits and it is awesome. Only downside is that it is bulky, but it will hold 120 lures.

Attachments:
    1. box2.jpg

2. box.jpg

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I probably have 150 blade baits in the boat.
    2x 3700 Plano boxes.

May require a little shaking to grab just 1 lure. ;)

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Thanks Trent, that is a nice box, but I should have clarified I’m a cheap @ss so probably not an option.

Fishblood u have any issues of paint chipping off rattling together like that?

404 ERROR
    MN

Same as FBRM, you can get quite a few in a plano box that doesn’t take up space.
    Can be a pain to shake them free, but it works. I never own one long enough to allow the paint to chip off. They’re always sold to a rock before that can happen.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Thanks Trent, that is a nice box, but I should have clarified I’m a cheap @ss so probably not an option.

Fishblood u have any issues of paint chipping off rattling together like that?

I powder coat my own… So NO chipping.

The ones I’ve purchased are softer paint and fish teeth tear then up more than tackle boxes.

I have a tendency to pitch with one hand while the other hand is retrieving the next blade. So it’s not too big of a hastle. Would take too much space to have 1000+ hooks in the boat untangled.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Here is a tip for ya..Don’t put the hook on till your ready to use and it will save you allot of time un-tangeling …VMC split shank trebles # 6 is what I have used for 20 years.

catmando
    wis

I call it the Rapala shake, shake a bunch till it lets go .

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

I’m not a big believer in color for these. I only need my 3 sizes and 3 colors (shiny, dark, bright) which fit nicely in one box. The rest are all stored with out hooks outside the box.
    -I only fish the river, so maybe it makes a difference on a clear lake, but I would need to be convinced.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I use the Plano box method for blades.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.