Best weather App/site?

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I’ve been a weather.com guy since Al Gore invented the internet, but it has been going downhill for a good while now, the whole thing is ads and the webpage always jumps around on the cpu and smartphone. Please help a brother out with a good reccomendation, and I promise to upload the new site right now and swear off weather.com forever.

THanks!!!

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’ll be following as well. Weather.com was simple and I would look at hourly and 10-day forecasts all the time, now it’s a lot of ads and I can’t even look at it at home because of ad-blocker-related matters.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I use weather underground to look at the 10 day forecast on my phone or on a desktop computer through a browser – not their app. For radar on my phone I use the NOAA weather Radar app. I’ve used it long enough to know what type of radar returns are manageable on the water, and what ones mean to pack up and get moving immediately. I like the European models on the Weather.US platform for Winter Storm predictions.

Weather.Com and Accuweather seem to be too vague and inaccurate.

For informative content and specifically Winter Weather forecasts, Novak Weather does a nice job. He’s a bit dramatic with always pushing storm totals and extreme temperature swings as far as possible to get more views on Facebook, but is very educational.

Alex Fox

I love weatherunderground on the desktop. It’s one of the few apps that gives you pressure along with temps, wind, etc. That isn’t on the mobile app though, my only complaint with them. You can still go to the actual website on your phone to see the pressure changes.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I love weatherunderground on the desktop. It’s one of the few apps that gives you pressure along with temps, wind, etc. That isn’t on the mobile app though, my only complaint with them. You can still go to the actual website on your phone to see the pressure changes.

X2, wunderground.com is the site. This has been my go to for wind, barometer, and temp. Precip they are just as inaccurate as the rest.

For mobile, I use the Fox 9 weather app.

For in depth info, pivotalweather.com is great. I check they’re modeling page when looking forward to an upcoming fishing trip. Speaking of which, heading to SD on 4/23 and the models are showing a very nice warm up next week! waytogo

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Another vote for weather underground. Dark Sky Weather is good too!

Reef W

Another vote for weather underground. Dark Sky Weather is good too!

Dark Sky was my favorite but I have an Android and can’t use it now. Weather Underground is next best I think and what I use now.

FinickyFish

If you have an android device i prefer the Google Weather Widget for the simple fact it has hourly wind conditions. I don’t know why so many other apps leave this out. So useful for hunting especially deciding where to approach a piece of public ground.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The best way to do it is to use two or three sources and take the median average. NOAA main page is one of the more accurate sources. It’s not an app, but just keep the page open in your browser and refresh when you want. Add a combination of watching the radar (I use NOAA RADAR PRO which is an app) and then Windfinder (app). This gives me a pretty accurate picture of the short-term weather.

Some of the others are OK for long term forecasts, particularly just paying attention to temps as an indication of when a front is coming.

Michael Best

I like weather underground.
    For wind I am a big fan of Windy.
    Radar now gets the nod for a good radar source.

WishIwasWiser

And Fox9 weather app for maps. Very accurate.

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

Weather Undergound on the computer, WeatherBug Elite and Clime on my iPhone. Clime has an awesome wind overlay. It’s the same as Windfinder but has more functionality.

Charles

Weather Underground PC side. Then myradar on my phone, shows the wind also and the forecast seams to be more accurate than any other weather sites.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Another Weather Underground user. I have reported several bugs to them in the past, so now I’m on some kind of testing group that I dont recall volunteering for, but I’m too MN nice to quit.

I like the European models…

Well, look at you with your fancy imported European forecasts. Good old Made in the USA forecasting by Deadeye Dave Dahl was good enough for most, but get over there in Highbrow Sconni and they’re not good enough apparently.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Another Weather Underground user. I have reported several bugs to them in the past, so now I’m on some kind of testing group that I dont recall volunteering for, but I’m too MN nice to quit.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    I like the European models…

Well, look at you with your fancy imported European forecasts. Good old Made in the USA forecasting by Deadeye Dave Dahl was good enough for most, but get over there in Highbrow Sconni and they’re not good enough apparently.

Hey now…I’m a MN resident and have been for 10 years (I just hate to admit it publicly)

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I was a weather underground user until a few years after they were acquired by the weather channel. The app got really buggy, they disabled some features and seemed to be pulling their weather forecasts from a different source. That’s not why I quit using it though. They decided to update the app in a way that disabled all the content for premium paying users and redesigned the app in a way that made it far less user friendly. “But for only $19.99, you get x, y and z.

I deleted the app and now go to pivotalweather.com to visualize and compare weather models and I use the windy app for forecasts. You can compare all 4 or 5 of the major weather model forecasts side by side. Plus you get wave height forecasts.

Weather underground was a fantastic tool GeForce the destroyed their app. The main benefit was the ability to visualize the wind, temp and precip all at the same time. Since I’ve deleted that app you be never looked back.

James Almquist

Windy is the best for me when looking at what the weather will be for fishing. I really like selecting the cloud cover to see where the edge is or radar if a storm is coming. Radar Pro is another good radar app just to see where the bad weather is right now.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.