Best Walleye Recipes

• Tyler Schaefer
    Southern Minnesota

Walleye Is My Favorite Fish To Eat, and to catch when I catch some, but I am looking to try NEW Walleye recipes. So if you could Please share your favorite recipes for Walleye, That would be awesome. so i can try them,
    Thanks in advance, Tyler yay waytogo

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Put some flour in a large plastic bag. Take some fillets put into the bag and give them a shake. This will lightly coat fillets with flour so as to allow them to brown without adding anything that will take away from the delicate delicious flavor of the walleyes. Place about 1/4 ” of peanut oil in a large preferable cast iron frying pan. (Cast iron heats evenly). Allow oil to get nice and hot. Put fillets into frying pan for a couple of minutes (size dependent) and turn over. Cook for a little while longer until fish is cooked all the way though. Your done and you have the best walleye fillets you can eat without any breading, marinate or sauces that will kill the wonderful taste of walleye.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

lightly bread in shore lunch
    dip in egg wash
    roll in finely crushed Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    pan fry in 1/2 ” of oil, turn once
    when done, sprinkle with fresh parmeson cheese.

I got this from the chef at Oceanaire, but don’t tell anyone.

WarEagle

IF you like a true light beer batter recipe I have one. Buy a bag of fry krisp from your local grocery store, take fillets and coat with just the fry krisp in a bowl. Then in a bigger bowl put some fry krisp in there with some beer. Whisk it until it is completely mixed and you want it to be very light. Take the powdered fillets and dip into beer batter then directly to a deep fryer. Very light batter that isn’t cakey and disgusting!

holmsvc
    SE ND

First , catch a nice sized walleye, take a picture and release it. Then catch some bass and fillet. Coat with flour and some lemon pepper seasoning, or use shore lunch , and deep fry . Delicious!

Might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

People actually eat walleyes? )

Smallies are awesome…but this is a walleye recipes thread. I have an awesome recipe for walleye cheeks. I’ll look for it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.