Best Tool in My Kitchen

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I bought a small hand held meat thermometer a year or two back and it has proven to be one of the best kitchen tools I have ever owned. No more guessing if something is done. No more habitual overcooking of meat. I was stubborn and should have gotten one decades ago……….The modern ones are easy to use and instantly accurate. I got mine at Von Hanson’s and see they still sell the same one.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

A very useful tool that surprisingly more cooks don’t utilize. I buy them for gifts.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Are we talking an instant-read thermometer? I got one a few Christmases ago, and I agree–I love it. I also have a wireless leave-in thermometer that I use, too, but the instant-read is so handy for things like chicken breasts, pork chops, etc.

Jeff Gilberg

thermoworks thermopop, get them on sale from their website. They are fast and durable, wish I would have bought this one along (many other cheaper ones) time ago. just don’t leave it in the meat on the grill! I’m on my second one.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

thermoworks thermopop, get them on sale from their website. They are fast and durable, wish I would have bought this one along (many other cheaper ones) time ago. just don’t leave it in the meat on the grill! I’m on my second one.

Yes! I have two. Even good for air temp!

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Yep had a Thermopop for about 4 years now. Also have the Chef Alarm which can be left in the meat on the grill or smoker to monitor temp. They are great

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Also good to have a stand alone oven thermometer. Most ovens run over/under the set temp. The stand alone will verify actual temps.

-J.

BDR

Best tool in my kitchen is my wife.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Well yea, but I was keeping my wife out of this one. jester

Snap

Same here! Bought an Inkbird instant read a couple months back and easily the best value for buck in my kitchen and out on the the grill! Anything else is just guessing.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I recently bought a Bluetooth version called Chugod on Amazon. Love it, especially for smoking.

Ripjiggen

Definitely not the case at my house. whistling

patk
    Nisswa, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BDR wrote:</div>

Definitely not the case at my house. whistling

I was counting the posts before wife was mentioned In my house I do 90% of the cooking.

Most frequently my Wustof Chef’s knife. Biggest advancement though has been thermometers. There have been a few over the years. Thermoworks Smoke for remote if I need to pick on tool not named me.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

A good thermometer is great but the food processor for chopping is still by far the best time saver tool in my kitchen.

AnotherFisherman

I got my own house this year and thus have started grilling on my own this summer. Wish I would have had one of these sooner. In for one, thanks for the recommendation!

catmando
    wis

The best thing in the kitchen is that Air Fryer, man its a must-have!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Ripjiggen wrote:

Definitely not the case at my house.

I was counting the posts before wife was mentioned In my house I do 90% of the cooking.

Wife for sure. Not for the cooking but for cleaning up after I get done cooking. The multi grater also saves a lot of time. I used to spend hours chopping up stuff for soups and meals. With this thing I can do it in minutes and does great making fresh potatoes into hash browns. No more frozen ones for this household.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>patk wrote:</div>
    Ripjiggen wrote:

Definitely not the case at my house.

Wife for sure. Not for the cooking but for cleaning up after I get done cooking. The multi grater also saves a lot of time. I used to spend hours chopping up stuff for soups and meals. With this thing I can do it in minutes and does great making fresh potatoes into hash browns. No more frozen ones for this household.

Go back to how you figured out that part about the wife cleaning up after you cook. Speak slowly….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.