Best option

• Bill Johnson

I fish out of a 18′ pontoon and have A MK Terrova with Link and a HB Helix 9 that are connected currently. I just want to add live scope and want to make sure what Im looking at will work together
    LVS 34
    GLS 10
    Garmin ECHOMAP UHD2 Touch 93sv Fish Finder/Chartplotter Combo
    I have seen the Echomap sold without the sonar transducer which I wouldnt need.

I would also being mounting on a pole (any suggestions)

I do a lot of drifting and wondering what is top speed for using Live scope as I see so many video where it looks like guys are anchored?

Thank you for any help

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

There would not be a speed limit for the live imaging, the limiting factor would be your pole mount. You’ll be fine drifting.

Cooperman
    Nevis, Mn.

For the pole, I have the Brew city 60” on my boat, an like it a lot.

JoeMX1825
    MN

if you’re not going to be trolling fast with it, just get a Summit Pole with a RAM mount (Put Ram balls on all corners of your Pontoon for flexibility)

I would save money and get an older Garmin UHD93 (not the UHD2) it uses 1/2 the battery power and the Livescope image isn’t going to improve much with the UHD2 screen…

If I were you, I would just get a Livescope Ice Fishing Bundle then you can easily move it around your pontoon or even use of off your dock and also then use it for Ice fishing…

Netguy
    Minnetonka

If I were you, I would just get a Livescope Ice Fishing Bundle then you can easily move it around your pontoon or even use of off your dock and also then use it for Ice fishing…

This is what I did and it works great. Can move it anywhere in the boat and then take it ice fishing. Get a 20 amp lithium battery minimum. A 30 amp should also fit in the shuttle.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    If I were you, I would just get a Livescope <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Ice Fishing Bundle then you can easily move it around your pontoon or even use of off your dock and also then use it for Ice fishing…

This is what I did and it works great. Can move it anywhere in the boat and then take it ice fishing. Get a 20 amp lithium battery minimum. A 30 amp should also fit in the shuttle.

20ah will run a 93UHD for for like 15 hours, the 32ah NMC is the best option though imo…

Bill Johnson

Guys that makes the most sense getting an ice bundle
    My search begins

Thank you all

JoeMX1825
    MN

Guys that makes the most sense getting an ice bundle
    My search begins

Thank you all

dont buy a new one, you’ll throw away the stock battery and pole immediately… its best to buy a used one that somebody already upgraded those pieces or buy the pieces individually. Lots of info on it in this Garmin section.

Your budget will determine if you go LVS32 or 34…

Bill Johnson

Morning Joe,

Im scanning marketplace as we speak

Thank you again

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

if you’re not going to be trolling fast with it, just get a Summit Pole with a RAM mount (Put Ram balls on all corners of your Pontoon for flexibility)

Do you have a pic for reference on this Joe? I have been trying to think of a good way to mount the pole/transducer on my raft and feel like the ram ball mount might work on one of my side shelves.

JoeMX1825
    MN
    grizzlyhackle
    Montana

Joe – I got the ball part, but wondering what Ram attachment/mount you are using on the pole to attach to the ball?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Joe – I got the ball part, but wondering what Ram attachment/mount you are using on the pole to attach to the ball?

I use the Summit open water pole mount, the C size RAM ball is perfect, B is too small… I then use a 6” arm piece to connect them.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4127-1-scaled.jpeg

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

Awesome, I like it. Thanks! Sorry Bill for derailing

Bill Johnson

Grizz no problem. Glad Joe was able to help 2 problems solved 1 post.

Bill Johnson

Joe good morning
    Had this listed for 2000
    Will sell it for 1800

Good deal?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1409.png

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.