Best Burger List

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

Newt’s in Rochester has got to be on this list. It’s a top 3 for me for sure.

Most over rated, over advertised burger place in the area. they like to put their lame slogans all over their shirts, billboards and that’s how they get their traffic in the door. Burgers are nothing special.

I go there for the chicken tenders. Fries are pretty good too.

queenswake
    NULL

Low Brow in South Minneapolis — good fries, too
    Mustang Sally’s up in Walker — enormous and good.

Brad Dimond

Low Brow in South Minneapolis — good fries, too.

Just back from Lowbrow. Very good burger, fries good. Will go back.

Erik Swenson

Can confirm Jac’s in Chatfield has good grub. Stopped for lunch last summer on way down to Forestville. Anyone know how AJ’s is in Fountain? Or gateway in Wykoff?

AnotherFisherman

Rock Elm Tavern in Plymouth changed their burger mix from when I had last been their. Some Wagyu mixed in with the burger. It was delicious! Recommend for anyone in the area!

CaptainMusky

Can confirm Jac’s in Chatfield has good grub. Stopped for lunch last summer on way down to Forestville. Anyone know how AJ’s is in Fountain? Or gateway in Wykoff?

Nice! Ive seen pictures posted of their food and thought it looked fantastic! I hope they are doing well because hes a good dude. He was our goalie in HS.

Gregg Gunter

Duff’s in Vermillion: great burgers made fresh, homemade corned beef Ruebens, and the Rueben burger. Bam!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Have you checked out Iron Tap in Waconia or Golden Nugget in Minnetonka/ Eden Prairie?

Deuces

Many years ago we were doing the floors in lord fletchers on Tonka and the chef made us some burgers at the end of the night, best dam burger I’ve ever had to this day, haven’t had a burger there since.

Don’t order many burgers out, if I do usually is 7beers deep at a local dive and is wonderful everytime for some reason toast

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Have you checked out Iron Tap in Waconia or Golden Nugget in Minnetonka/ Eden Prairie?

Had Iron Tap pre-reviews, need to get back there that is a good spot. Have not heard of Golden Nugget, but that is close to my work so I will definitely check that out soon. Thanks!

CaptainMusky

Its so hard to find a place that has hand pattied burgers these days. If you do those are generally the best burgers around. Most bars and restaurants have frozen patties and those are just not that good.

Gitchi Gummi

Future prospect: Burger Paradox in Duluth will be opening soon. Same owners as OMC and Duluth Grill, so with that track record, you know its going to be good.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Future prospect: Burger Paradox in Duluth will be opening soon. Same owners as OMC and Duluth Grill, so with that track record, you know its going to be good.

Damn, OMC is great, Corktown Deli is another great place they own, I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume this will be a must try place too. These people know how to run a restaurant.

Where will it be located?

Gitchi Gummi

Damn, OMC is great, Corktown Deli is another great place they own, I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume this will be a must try place too. These people know how to run a restaurant.

Where will it be located?

good add, I forgot corktown. Ya, the group that owns these places has it figured out. Everything they do is really good.

Burger Paradox is going to be right in that same area of where OMC and Corktown are located. Should be good stuff

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Burger Paradox is going to be right in that same area of where OMC and Corktown are located. Should be good stuff

As someone who doesn’t live there, I really like the fact that they are almost single-handedly rejuvenating that area of town. Such a cool blue collar part of town if you ask me. It has lot of potential.

Lettuce know when they open.

James Almquist

Corktown is moving and will be right next to the Duluth grill. It has been closed for about a week but looks like they are open now in the new location. I love there Rueben and always order it with double the meat. That smoked pastrami is so fricken good my mouth waters just thinking about it.

James Almquist

Sorry but I guess Corktown is not open just yet. Wife is Facebook friends and they posted that they are close but not quite ready for business. Sounds like they will be serving beer and cocktails at the new location which is a nice option.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Kings in Meisville..

Erik Swenson

Just had the Bacon Bier Cheeseburger at Foodsmith Bistro and Pub in WSP. Highly recommend. Oh and if you like brussel sprouts try those too…good enough for another thread and I’m not usually going out of my way to eat those things. toast

Gitchi Gummi

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gitchi Gummi wrote:</div>

As someone who doesn’t live there, I really like the fact that they are almost single-handedly rejuvenating that area of town. Such a cool blue collar part of town if you ask me. It has lot of potential.

Lettuce know when they open.

sounds like burger paradox opened up over the weekend. I’ll report back once I get over there to check it out.

ThunderLund78

Looked up Burger Pradox and they don’t have their menu posted on their website yet but appears they have indeed opened like Gitchi said. Read an article from WDIO about the place. They have malts with booze! Sold! Can’t wait until my next trip up to Duluth to check them out, I think Duluth is Minnesota’s most underrated food destination. So many great neighborood joints and historic buildings to be repourpised into places like this.

Lund4Life

Lions Tap in Eden Prairie is, in my opinion, the best burger in the state. No frills, no exotic ingredients, just a good burger place that’s been around forever.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I love Sickies!

There’s one in Sioux Falls and Bismarck too if you’re ever there.

Brad Dimond

There is an article on the Strib website about Burger Paradox and and Corktown Deli. Should be in the print Taste section on Thursday.

tim hurley

So many opinions for something so simple-put it on, flip once, take it off. (get good beef, don’t handle too much when making the pattie, don’t overcook, let it rest)

big_g
    Isle, MN

So many opinions for something so simple-put it on, flip once, take it off. (get good beef, don’t handle too much when making the pattie, don’t overcook, let it rest)

Then put it on a shitty bun and you have a shitty burger. Lions Tap is a good one, but I loved the burgers at the Wilhop Inn, when it was open. Nothing better that I can find.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tim hurley wrote:</div>

Then put it on a shitty bun and you have a shitty burger. Lions Tap is a good one, but I loved the burgers at the Wilhop Inn, when it was open. Nothing better that I can find.

rotflol rotflol toast

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m opposite, lots of handling rolling patting rolling and forming. Once the egg is added which is key to a juicy burger then you handle them for a couple minutes each.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.