Beneful Dogfood

• gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Has anyone have any experience with Beneful? My lab seemed to be loosing interest in her dog food. So I bought some Beneful to try. I fed to her and she ate it right up. The second time too. But the third time she threw it up, in the house, and would not eat any more. She started drinking a lot of water and even had a few accidents in the house which is very uncommon. I did a web search and found many stories of dogs getting sick and many dying after being fed Beneful. Many stories were just like mine. Dogs started throwing up. Drinking lots of water and peeing in the house. It seems the excessive thirst is from the kidneys being affected. I got something different and she seems to be back to normal. There is even a class action lawsuit in progress.

mattgroff

Wow that’s horrible. Hope she’s ok. I think it messes with the dogs system a little when being fed one food for so long than changing it up. But never heard of the lawsuit on beneful. I stick to nutri source grain free dog food. 55.00 a bag but dogs love it and they look great so I’ll keep on it. Good luck with the pooch. Never fun seeing them sick

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Wow that’s horrible. Hope she’s ok. I think it messes with the dogs system a little when being fed one food for so long than changing it up. But never heard of the lawsuit on beneful. I stick to nutri source grain free dog food. 55.00 a bag but dogs love it and they look great so I’ll keep on it. Good luck with the pooch. Never fun seeing them sick[/quote]

I second the nutri source dog food. Spendy but we’ll worth it. Plus the grain free helps if your dog’s get unknown allergies or constant ear infections.

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

If you want to save a buck the nutri source is sold at chuck and don’s and your 10th bag is free. That’s a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Iowaboy1

sorry to hear about your lab!! hope it is not an underlying issue,may want to have it checked out to be sure.

as far as switching up on foods,one thing I learned the hard way is DO NOT switch them over all at once,gradually add the new stuff a little at a time up until you reach what they will eat in a day,it should take a week.
    cant tell you how many times I have had to clean up after my GSP gracie doing that to her,it took two days for her to get to ‘normal’

and then after I talked to the vet and he quit laughing,the smart alec said,you should have known better, you have owned dogs for over thirty five years ya know.

Brady Valberg

We fed beneful to a pug that we had to put down…vet figured it was because of the beneful dogfood.. that was at the time of all the recalls…he figured it shut down her kidneys and other organs..never again will i touch that and many of the vets around my area curse that dogfood

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Dog food is like politics or religion…

But to answer your question, I would never use Beneful.

Ya gotta be careful with internet research of dog food, though. There are too many self-proclaimed experts, and chances are that someone has attributed a negative reaction to each and every food known to man.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I just want to throw a recommendation out there. I’ve been using Fromm grain free dog foods for my lab for at least the last 7-8 years. It costs $60 from my local, privately owned pet store. I also get the 11th bag free.

My lab has almost never been sick nor has she shown any signs of hip problems. She’s now almost 11 years old and exceptionally healthy and active.

She eats less of the grain free dog food because there are no flour fillers or corn fillers. Dogs have no business eating any type of grains.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.