Lake Bemidji Help

• Rossbury21
    United States

Hey, I am a freshmen at BSU, and I have been ice fishing a couple times now with no luck. Could anyone help me out on where some good spots are and what are some good ways to catch them. I fished off the pier over the fall and had luck there, So if anyone can help me that would be great. Thank you

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Welcome to IDO Rossbury 21

Hopefully Jeff will chime in and give you some pointers
    on Bemidji.

Until then your best bet is the local bait shop.

What species are you targeting?

roscoe
    So St Paul

Hey Rossbury ,
    its about time you signed up for this site, What took you so long? You could buy a lake map and look for breaks and structure, but then again you would probably call and ask me for money again..
    see you next week
    ROSCOE

perchhead

Try Cameron bar not very from BSU. Y might also try Diamond point.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Welcome to IDO!! This time of the year Lake Bemidji has many great spots to hit. As mentioned already the break line just off Cameron Park can be very good. Find a good map or use your Lake Master w/gps to find the humps on the east side in an area called the pines.

Don’t be afraid to fish DEEPER then normal if you are not marking fish. Often times you will find fish in 25-40’ of water on Bemidji during the day and shallower towards dusk. As for presentation I use a jigging spoon such at the Angel Eye Jr. in glow/pink or a 1/8th oz Perch Go Devil on one rod. I tip either of these with a minnow head. On the other rod I usually set up a dead stick with a lively minnow.

Good luck and have fun.

Rossbury21
    United States

Thank you, i will get back to you on how we do.

Roscoe, Money would be nice, or those bib things you wear, its awfully cold some times. But thanks for the Shore Lunch.

roscoe
    So St Paul

all in due time grasshopper , if i let you take mine what am i going to do if i hit the river. We will work on that. Maybe it is time for me to get a new rain suit anyway

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.