beef short ribs on a pellet grill

• Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

I know there are some good cooks on the site so help me out if you can. Going to smoke beef short ribs on my pellet grill and would like a good recipe for success. The locker that did my beef cut these individually with the short bone not the long bone sticking out. If anyone has a good smoking recipe I would appreciate it if you could share it. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Get the Kozmo Q cow cover rub and their SPG and put it on the grill at 250 degrees until to temp. Expect a TON of loss on the bone after the fat cooks out but man are they worth it. Kozmo Q has a youtube page I highly recommend looking them up

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d put a rub on of my choosing, there’s some good straight beef ones with basically just Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder, or if you prefer sweet, spicy or some combo of the two. Smoke at 225 for 3ish hours with a stronger wood and then finish in a tinfoil pan with beef broth and red wine mix for the another 2-3 hours, this is the safest route for moist and tender ribs.

You can go full smoker style and smoke for 6ish hours, and then I’d use a lighter wood if you are rolling smoke the whole time. In either case you want to monitor the internal temp, and pull them around 200 degrees and let rest for 30 minutes. I’ve tried a few recipes (not this one in particular) from this website and they’ve all been good.

https://heygrillhey.com/smoked-beef-short-ribs/

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

Thanks guys. Kosmos Q sounds interesting but beings they are going on tomorrow, I’ll probably try a variation of BigWorms recipe. When putting them in the beef broth and wine do you put them meat side up?

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I’ve had best luck just smoking for a couple of hours and then putting in your liquids of choice and braising to finish.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.