Bedside Gun Safe

• Dan
    Southeast MN

Times are changin’ and with a little one running around I can’t have my house set up like the Wild West anymore.

Looking for recommendations for a bedside gun safe. My two basic requirements 1) needs to hold a handgun in a locked configuration, and 2) I need it to be able to quickly unlock in case the reason I have it by my bedside ever comes to fruition.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Times are changin’ and with a little one running around I can’t have my house set up like the Wild West anymore.

jester

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I’ve got the Gunvault Minivault (GV1000) and it works great. Its not the biometric version, but is very quick if I need to get into it. It currently holds my house gun (full size Canik) and that is where my carry gun is stored at the end of the day as well (Ruger LC9s). I am able to fit the carry gun far enough back to where if I needed to grab my house gun in a hurry in the dark, it doesn’t interfere at all.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I hang my guns from the ceiling on adjustable straps. Every time my kids get a bit taller I raise the straps. That way I can keep them all fully loaded in the case of an unwanted visitor, but still out of reach of the little ones!

That’s of course if intruders get by the claymore setup in the front yard, which I turn on/off remotely so that my Son doesn’t get an explosive surprise coming off the bus!

I’ve got the Gunvault Minivault (GV1000) and it works great.

We have a gv2000 that has been reliable.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

A few months ago I bought a Sentry 1 gun safe with biometrics and bolted it to the side of the bed. Works great, I really like the biometrics.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I hang my guns from the ceiling on adjustable straps. Every time my kids get a bit taller I raise the straps. That way I can keep them all fully loaded in the case of an unwanted visitor, but still out of reach of the little ones!

That’s of course if intruders get by the claymore setup in the front yard, which I turn on/off remotely so that my Son doesn’t get an explosive surprise coming off the bus!

LOL well played

sji

Is the claymore before or after the gator filled moat?

munchy
    NULL

I’m going to be looking for a safe as well. From my research in the past the biggest drawback to some of these digital quick access safes is they beep and make noise. Noises you may not want someone to hear. Do the ones mentioned above or any other decent ones have a silent mode?

riverruns
    Inactive

I’m going to be looking for a safe as well. From my research in the past the biggest drawback to some of these digital quick access safes is they beep and make noise. Noises you may not want someone to hear. Do the ones mentioned above or any other decent ones have a silent mode?

Very good point. That would be an important thing as well.

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

rotflol

rotflol rotflol

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I just bought this a few weeks ago

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PI6P3M/?coliid=I2VCI88DTMOVBU&colid=2IUMBO8TJJ4K9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

holds my 9mm with an extra clip just fine. plenty of room in fact. Could hold about 5 or 6 guns in there i would suspect. Can be accessed using fingerprint, keypad, or key

Mine makes no noise. I believe there is an option where it can but when you push the button to engage the fingerprint scan its silent

deertracker

Anyone seen the headboard that holds a shotgun inside? They look pretty BA.
    DT

onestout
    Hudson, WI

The Sentry doesn’t gave any beeping, just a click from the latch unlocking.

tornadochaser

I use the Gunvault microvaults. I have the Microvault XL bedside, fullsize 9mm, spare mag, and streamlight flashlight.
    In my SUV I’ve got the microvault standard cabled to the seat frame. That’s where I lock up my holstered G43 & spare mags when I need to enter a prohibited facility.
    I’ve got an older sentry model but the touchpad quit within 13 months of purchase. I still use the keys on it and keep it at the cabin in the summer.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>philtickelson wrote:</div>

We actually settled for sharks with friggin lazer beams attached to their heads. Of course, this poses a problem in winter time, but THANKFULLY I just bought 100 of those new ICE DEFENSE water vibrator things, hopefully they work.

sji

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>sji wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>philtickelson wrote:</div>

We actually settled for sharks with friggin lazer beams attached to their heads. Of course, this poses a problem in winter time, but THANKFULLY I just bought 100 of those new ICE DEFENSE water vibrator things, hopefully they work.

Had no idea the laser beams didn’t work in winter

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.