Beckman nets

• Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I know Beckman was bought by P-Line, but their site was under construction last year and it still is now. I need a new net for the boat, and just wondering if anyone has been able to contact them directly and order.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t have a answer to your question.
    I would check with Thorne Brothers or Reeds.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

A few here have gone with these. Some have claimed they are far better than the old Beckman nets.

https://rsnetsusa.com

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Thanks biggill. I’ve been looking at those too. I like the custom color option. Any idea what they run price wise? I’m guessing comparable to beckman

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I think you are looking at $200+. I don’t own one but I think that will be my next net.

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

The new Beckman website is supposed to be up and operational in February. I have a Beckman and a RSnet. Bought my RS when the basket on the Beckman wore out. The RS is not a better net, it is a different net. The Beckman is very stout for how light it is, the RS is incredibly strong and well built but is significantly heavier than the Beckman. I will be replacing my Beckman basket once they get up and running for it most definitely still has a place in my boat.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Not to be a wisenheimr but you caught so many fish the bottom of your net wore out? Where’s the secret spot?

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I just received a brand new beckman Klamath net today with a 4-7 foot handle. Not sure if I can post the website but message me if you want. The place had terrible ratings but got it shipped to my door brand new for 103$! It’s awesome and can’t wait to use it

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

We run both Beckman and RS Nets. The Beckman like everyone says is a very good net, but the coating wore off the netting and last year made for a difficult time pulling hooks out of the net.

The old man and I both got RS Nets (Green Bay Model). They’re pretty sick nets. Heavier yes, but built to last. I don’t care how heavy the net is because I am not doing curls with it in the boat. I want it to last.

You can’t go wrong with either net, but I am sticking with the RS Nets from here on out.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Chris,

How are the bags on the RS nets at keeping hook from snagging?

-J.

CBMN
    North Metro

I bought a new Beckmann net at Joe’s late last summer or early fall. I will say it was not the same as the old Beckmann nets but price was decent and so far I’m happy with using it in my little river/winter boat.

Last time I was at joes they didn’t have any on the floor but might be worth a call.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Chris,

How are the bags on the RS nets at keeping hook from snagging?

-J.

They have a thick coating on the netting. Which is where some of the extra weight comes from. It basically to take some strong force to stick a hook in the coating. The only thing it really gets caught in is the loops of the net. But at least I don’t have to sit and dig a hook out of the actual fibers of the netting.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.