Bearings

• Red Eye

Looking for bearing set for a shoreland’r trailer. Id like to have the bearings before I tear into it this weekend? I bought a Dutton-Lainson set with right bearing size (6207) but I now I notice that their other set of the same size (6208) has a different inner cup number. L68111 vs L68110. Any experience with this? Or know how to look it up? I couldn’t get the Shoreland’r site to give me the answers I needed. I have pictures of trailer ID.
    Thanks.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2028-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_2026-scaled.jpeg

isu22andy

What kind of shorelander ? Profile 2000 ? I just did mine and can share some part numbers . Autozone had all the bearings I needed honestly . They are fairly universal .

I called shorelander customer support a year or two ago and they gave me all the trailer schematics .

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I found the same thing last summer doing mine. Ended up taking it apart first and verifying before ordering the bearings.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Just tear it down and go to you local parts store, they will have what you need most likely.

Red Eye

Just tear it down and go to you local parts store, they will have what you need most likely.

I’m sure they will but I work in town today. My “local” parts store is 20 miles away tomorrow. Hence the reason to have them before I tear it down. Gonna try calling shorelandr today.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Understood, without part numbers its hard to be prepared for battle. Sorry I’m no help.

Baitwaster
    South metro

After a quick search-

Race # L68111 has an outer diameter of 2.361 inches. Race # L68110 has an outer diameter of 2.327 inches. Based on these measurements, the two races are not interchangeable. They are designed for different size hubs, but can use the same # L68149 bearing.

Buy both size races, return size you don’t need next time in town.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

Let me know if you can find a phone number for them. I was only able to find a fax # on their website and have been trying to get ahold of someone for months to no avail.

As others have stated…I took it apart to get the numbers off of the bearings themselves. Good luck.

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

Digging through some old emails and a couple years ago when I did mine I had talked to the following contact to get some information on these. They are a shorelandr dealer and he had sent me some pdf schematics for my trailer. good luck

Chris Helsene
    Brainerd Recreational Supply
    17439 Hwy 371
    Brainerd, MN 56401
    [email protected]
    218-829-8738

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I ran into this issue when I was replacing mine on my new Shoreland’r trailer (3700# with disc brakes). It takes the L68110 inner cup. My old trailer with drum brakes used the L68111 inner cup. Same size everything else. I ordered the Timken bearing/race sets from Rock Auto (very good price) but they don’t have the seals that I could find. Auto Parts store should have everything.

The info for my trailer is in the pictures. The one with the part numbers on the cardboard is when I disassembled it the first time.

Attachments:
    1. bearing-and-race-s.png

2. Shorelandr-trailer-specs.png

3. Shorelandr-seal-scaled.jpg

4. Timken-set-s.jpg

mrpike1973

As said above you will not be able to get the correct seals at a auto parts store. Always buy a couple extra to have on hand. I have measured them on a scope and there is a difference between the Shorlander and closest seal you will get leakage don’t ask how I know.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I got my seals from eTrailer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.