In-Line muzzle loads for Bear.

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

What are you guys loading up with? It will be the first time I have actually taken my In-Line muzzle loader in the field. I want to throw some stuff through it this week and weekend and was curious as to what you dudes recomend using for loads! It is also going to be my first Bear hunt

Bret

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Bret, where are you going shooting this weekend? I have the itch to make some smoke with my Encore.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Bret, where are you going shooting this weekend? I have the itch to make some smoke with my Encore.

the_grump
    Le Center

Everyone will have a differnt opinion on this subject, but I shoot 348gr .50cal powerbelt bullets with 150 grains of triple 7. Has over 1000 ft/lbs out to 250 yards, and shoots as flat as many lighter loads. I still like powder over pellets. Try to shoot alot with a new gun, to get the barrel “seasoned”

Just my opinion

the_grump
    Le Center

Everyone will have a differnt opinion on this subject, but I shoot 348gr .50cal powerbelt bullets with 150 grains of triple 7. Has over 1000 ft/lbs out to 250 yards, and shoots as flat as many lighter loads. I still like powder over pellets. Try to shoot alot with a new gun, to get the barrel “seasoned”

Just my opinion

skineboy
    Red Wing, MN

I shoot the Buffalo Bullet Company’s 245 grain ballet with a 100 grains of triple 7 through mine for deer hunting. I also prefer to use powder rather than the pellets. That was the most consistent load I could find for my gun and the deer I shot the last 2 years dropped dead in their tracks. Although, I am not sure what it takes to bring down a bear as I have never bear hunted.

~SKINEBOY~

skineboy
    Red Wing, MN

I shoot the Buffalo Bullet Company’s 245 grain ballet with a 100 grains of triple 7 through mine for deer hunting. I also prefer to use powder rather than the pellets. That was the most consistent load I could find for my gun and the deer I shot the last 2 years dropped dead in their tracks. Although, I am not sure what it takes to bring down a bear as I have never bear hunted.

~SKINEBOY~

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks for the response guys!
    You have helped me with my home work
    I am going with 295Gr. Powerbelt aerotips being launched by 100Gr. of Triple 7.

50yd Velocity (FPS) of 1501 and Kinetic Energy at 1476 Foot-Pounds, that’s just gotta be like opening a can of whoop

Bret

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks for the response guys!
    You have helped me with my home work
    I am going with 295Gr. Powerbelt aerotips being launched by 100Gr. of Triple 7.

50yd Velocity (FPS) of 1501 and Kinetic Energy at 1476 Foot-Pounds, that’s just gotta be like opening a can of whoop

Bret

the_grump
    Le Center

Just make sure we get to see pictures of your bear

the_grump
    Le Center

Just make sure we get to see pictures of your bear

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I sure hope it works out that way
    I have put 25 rounds threw the barrel the last 2 days, and a lot of soap and water! I’m happy with the way this load is performing. I’m zeroed at 30 yards, the load is 1 inch high at 50 yards. Haven’t tried farther yet being I’m hunting over a bait pile. I’m thinking this will be just a fine deer load out to 75 yards also! I put a round into a frozen milk jug today also, the impact looked brutal

Shoot straight and watch yur top notch

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I sure hope it works out that way
    I have put 25 rounds threw the barrel the last 2 days, and a lot of soap and water! I’m happy with the way this load is performing. I’m zeroed at 30 yards, the load is 1 inch high at 50 yards. Haven’t tried farther yet being I’m hunting over a bait pile. I’m thinking this will be just a fine deer load out to 75 yards also! I put a round into a frozen milk jug today also, the impact looked brutal

Shoot straight and watch yur top notch

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Not the biggest Bear but I did get a bear, Bayfield county WI.! It will be a fine rug I missed a chip shot of 30 yards at a nicer bear the night before. One thing I did learn on my first bear hunt, when they step out right under your feet, they all look nice sized I was glad with the time I had to hunt, and using my smoke pole too fill my tag. With one under the belt, I can be picky in another 7 years, after waiting for a tag

The one thing that made this trip even sweeter, one of my best friends, Scott, filmed the whole trip. It turned out way cool for a couple of red necks! I wished he wouldn’t have captured the miss on film We laughed our ’s off watching that bear jump straight up as the bullet must have just burnt a hair under him
    Any how, it was a great week in the northern woods of Wisconsin.

Good luck, shot straight, keep yurn powder dry, and watch yur top notch!
    Bret

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Not the biggest Bear but I did get a bear, Bayfield county WI.! It will be a fine rug I missed a chip shot of 30 yards at a nicer bear the night before. One thing I did learn on my first bear hunt, when they step out right under your feet, they all look nice sized I was glad with the time I had to hunt, and using my smoke pole too fill my tag. With one under the belt, I can be picky in another 7 years, after waiting for a tag

The one thing that made this trip even sweeter, one of my best friends, Scott, filmed the whole trip. It turned out way cool for a couple of red necks! I wished he wouldn’t have captured the miss on film We laughed our ’s off watching that bear jump straight up as the bullet must have just burnt a hair under him
    Any how, it was a great week in the northern woods of Wisconsin.

Good luck, shot straight, keep yurn powder dry, and watch yur top notch!
    Bret

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Congrats Bret I don’t know anything about bears, but that bear looks to have a very nice clean coat
    You are braver than I that is for sure Nobody in their right mind pirposely goes out hunting bears, especially with a 1 shot firearm. But then again we are talking about you
    All kidding aside, that is a great accompolishment

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Congrats Bret I don’t know anything about bears, but that bear looks to have a very nice clean coat
    You are braver than I that is for sure Nobody in their right mind pirposely goes out hunting bears, especially with a 1 shot firearm. But then again we are talking about you
    All kidding aside, that is a great accompolishment

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

GReat job Bret!!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

GReat job Bret!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

So that’s where you’ve been huh?

Nice job….

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

So that’s where you’ve been huh?

Nice job….

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks guys
    Like I said, not a big bear but yes, its coat is in fine shape for a rug!
    We also had a smorgasbord of bear last night. It has been awhile since we had bear in the freezer. The last one was because a friend didn’t like it Good for me, our whole family loves it

I have a total new outlook on bears now that I have been there. It is way cool how they circle checking everything out as they come in. A cat doesn’t know what curiosity is. There really is nothing ferocious about them, they are a hoot to watch as they mill around picking a way too approach the bait. Also bears walk without making a sound. I’m sure it has something to do with paws verses hooves. It makes it like spotting a ghost, very black ghost! When a bear stands in a shadow, they make the shadow look light out
    It was a new way cool experience in the woods for me, what a hoot

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks guys
    Like I said, not a big bear but yes, its coat is in fine shape for a rug!
    We also had a smorgasbord of bear last night. It has been awhile since we had bear in the freezer. The last one was because a friend didn’t like it Good for me, our whole family loves it

I have a total new outlook on bears now that I have been there. It is way cool how they circle checking everything out as they come in. A cat doesn’t know what curiosity is. There really is nothing ferocious about them, they are a hoot to watch as they mill around picking a way too approach the bait. Also bears walk without making a sound. I’m sure it has something to do with paws verses hooves. It makes it like spotting a ghost, very black ghost! When a bear stands in a shadow, they make the shadow look light out
    It was a new way cool experience in the woods for me, what a hoot

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Way to go Buddy

Can we call you Grizzly Adams Clark now ???

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Way to go Buddy

Can we call you Grizzly Adams Clark now ???

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Excellent work Brett. Congrats on the bear.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Excellent work Brett. Congrats on the bear.

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

Congrats brett
    I have to start filling out the forms so I can shoot me one of those critters in the future now that I live in bear country.
    I am going to get one with the long bow when my time comes.

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

Congrats brett
    I have to start filling out the forms so I can shoot me one of those critters in the future now that I live in bear country.
    I am going to get one with the long bow when my time comes.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Nice bear Brett .

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.