Bayport fishing

• tim hurley

Anyone catching anything out there? Would be fun to get some whitties or crappies
    Thanks

beedle
    River falls,WI

Hope to get out this weekend and check it out not sure if the roads open from Bayport but I know there’s some guys out there driving

The road is open.

tim hurley

Road report-that’s a start!
    Fish report would be the next thang.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Friends put 4 Sturg on the ice Monday night. Not sure on the length but they were pretty good size.

tim hurley

Don’t want those finned dinos!

JT

Plant is running. Warm water flowing. 14-16″ in stable areas. I have about 10 sturgeon landed this year with a 53″ being the biggest. Most have come out of Anderson point. Base of the break. Throw a dart and you catch them anywhere. Typically move closer to the warm water as it flows. If you’re willing to move spots watch for bait balls on the graph. I’ve always tried to target areas conducive to high production fish areas in general. More than anything time on the water will produce. Extremely boring and non-visual fishing but I can tell you guiding a few friends this year to their PB sturgeon was extremely rewarding. Tight Lines!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s really hard to remember that people fish for crappies out there, when there’s so many rod benders.

Sorry Tim, I got nothing for ya.

beedle
    River falls,WI

12 inches of good clear ice. Went out this weekend the crappie fishing was the worst I have had in years we did manage a few crappie and a 45 inch sturgeon in 35+ hours of fishing over the weekend will try another spot next time I’m there.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

thinking about heading out to the “Bayport Basin” this weekend… are the ice roads open from North Hudson and Bayport? Any concerns about driving out in a F150?

Daniel Cannon

Does anyone know if the shad are present at all? Me and a buddy of mine are going out on Saturday and we wanted to use fresh shad as bait for sturgeon.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.