Battery life

• riverruns
    Inactive

Well I ended up having to get a new battery.

I got this battery in 2008 and it’s been my starting and all acceseries battery since then. I’ve never had it fail, even after fishing all day with live well on auto, and electronics running.

Checked it couple times a year to see if it needed water, and no other matenience too it.

Not sure what battery life is too human life but I’d bet this is up there.

Attachments:
    1. 20180607_195530.jpg

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Wow that’s a long life for any battery…I would get another one exactly the same.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

nice! you must have maintained it perfectly. I just replaced one in my lawn tractor that lasted 10 years too…..all I ever did was unhook it in winter and store it fully charged on a rubber mat in my basement. different battery but I thought that was a good run.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

on a rubber mat in my basement.

I heard or read somewhere that this isn’t necessary at all any more.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Could be? But all I got to say is 10 years.

riverruns
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>
    on a rubber mat in my basement.

I heard or read somewhere that this isn’t necessary at all any more.

Mine was always taken out of the boat during the winter and stored on a piece of wood. Still old school.

garragelogic
    Wayzata, MN

They can be stored in contact with any type of flooring. This didn’t used to be true when batteries were made from wood, but that was before we were all born.

If you have them attached to a charger or maintainer while stored, it’s best to store them on some type of pan as they may release acid when charging while stored.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

This didn’t used to be true when batteries were made from wood, but that was before we were all born.

???

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>garragelogic wrote:</div>
    This didn’t used to be true when batteries were made from wood, but that was before we were all born.

???

Hey, I’m still using wood batteries. I like them I cause I don’t need those annoying straps, I just nail them into place.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.