Battery Charger

• Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

I need to buy a new battery Charger for my UB 1280 battery’s I have for my vexilars. I have a simple plug in charger with a Red light on it, that’s supposed to go off when it’s done. Well I think it’s not working. Is there a better charger for these kind of battery’s ? And…my places I like to buy from are out of chargers. Someplace close to Iowa I could buy from ?
    Thanks

bigcrappie
    Blaine

All the 12volt .500ma chargers are all the same type when I Google it. Try Google “12v 1 amp battery charger” look for one “Battery Tender® Junior”

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Yes, it would just charge a little slower.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I bought the black and Decker charger from home Depot. Battery tenders was just too much for a stupid charger, think mine was $20.

tswoboda

I bought the black and Decker charger from home Depot. Battery tenders was just too much for a stupid charger, think mine was $20.

Battery tender jr is only a few dollars more… $20-$25 all over the internet.

I use the Jr. for charging my vex and gps batteries and it’s been awesome for about 5 years now.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>nhamm wrote:</div>

Battery tender jr is only a few dollars more… $20-$25 all over the internet.

I use the Jr. for charging my vex and gps batteries and it’s been awesome for about 5 years now.

X2
    It is all I use for any ice sonar charging. They work great. They even make out door versions that I use for cars and trucks I dont drive often to keep the battery in top shape.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

Well I found a Battery Tender Jr at the local auto supply store so I bought one. Now I think I have a bad battery because my Vexilar’s colors aren’t bright and I tried another battery and it works fine….so I need another battery for my Vexilar.

Now…should I get a name brand ” Vexilar” battery or an off brand ? And can I use the Jr charger on the name brand battery also ?
    I would assume that Vexilar is going to tell to use only Their charger on Their battery….but I don’t what to buy another charger and have two different ones I have to use.

Thanks

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

The “vex” battery is just a sticker. Many good brands out there, and better values. I go through a security company and buy 12amp hour batteries. For about the retail price of 7amph

And I use the same charger/tender on the larger batteries

Now…should I get a name brand ” Vexilar” battery or an off brand ?

And can I use the Jr charger on the name brand battery also ?

The UB batteries are Universal, so there is no need to buy a Vex branded battery.

Yes.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

Thanks everyone for your input waytogo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.