Batteries in ZX 1950

• mnwalleyehunter

I’m thinking about adding another battery in my 1950 to use as a house battery after my battery died on my 16 miles out on Lake of the Woods last year in a good chop (Not the best experience in my life!) While I’m re-rigging, I thought about moving my battery charger in the battery compartment as well. In my boat, the battery compartment is under the rod locker, not sure where the newer ones are. If I put another battery and the charger in that compartment, will that be an issue? Do chargers have to have good air flow, in my case the battery cover piece is a pretty tight fit.

Anyone have any pictures?

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

On zx2050 I added a another battery in the bow and just put in in parallel with the main in the back. I did have a 4 bank charger so I then put one bank to that battery.(Was running an 80# terrova) My charger was mounted on the wall under the passenger console. My reason for a 2nd battery was I had a good size stereo in the boat. Never had an issue but I wanted to make sure.

My dad also did the same thing on his 2050 and he only had a 3 bank charger. One thing to check though is that your main now is in good condition before adding in another one.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.