Bathwater crappies

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

We probably caught 60 crappies yesterday, kept a few for the pan. North metro lake, weed lines 6-8ft, no weeds no fish. We were dragging small jigs and old school Mr Twisters. 77 degrees. waytogo

tim hurley

Never want to see 80 water temps unless I’m in a boat with Roland Martin.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

In 2001, the year Viking offensive lineman Corey Stringer died from the heat during training camp, we had low 80s surface temps on the Canadian side of Rainy Lake. The cabin did not have AC. I think I sweated 24 hours a day that week.

tim hurley

Wave to me if you see me under a bridge fishing, body shop needs 6 days to fix a small dent from a deer-they originally said 2 days. flame

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Wave to me if you see me under a bridge fishing, body shop needs 6 days to fix a small dent from a deer-they originally said 2 days. flame

Should have took it to my woman’s shop.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The warmer the water the better for good eatin crappies. A light green algae color to the water helps tremendously to bring out that crappie flavor. Especially in the thick part of the filet. Enjoy the best eating fish at its peak in the coming weeks! jester

tim hurley

Best thing to do any time of year with any species is to get your fish into ice right away, crappies even bass taste great even out of green water-IMHO

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

I’ve been getting crappies in Mississippi backwater throwing No.5 Ripping Raps in 17fow. Not intentensionally targeting them-they were only 8-9 inchers lol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A light green algae color to the water helps tremendously to bring out that crappie flavor. Especially in the thick part of the filet. Enjoy the best eating fish at its peak in the coming weeks!

LOL gross

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

More for me then I guess. I agree sometimes the gills are better in the summer than the slabs, however but I have never had one taste bad.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Differentiating between Crappie schools and Panfish schools on electronics usually Crappies schools will be more vertical where Panfish schools will be horizontal. I have never seen a Panfish school be vertical.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.