Winter Wonderland Bronzebacks

• walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

The bite has been insane the last few weeks minus the cold snap last week On my last trip to pool 4 I had Dean spool me up some 832 from Sufix and man all I can say is wow!! The line is awsome to say the least every thing I wanted and more! A must have for the openwater winter fisherman. Live bait has been out performing hands down although an Oyster Moxie did produce my first fish of the day The clarity has been awsome with a stable flow that is to be expected this time of year although much higher than normal. The high water has the fish set up well with in casting range of shore on a number of fishy seams in the area today in a little over an hour me and 2 freinds were able to put 30 on shore before running out of bait. This oppertunity wont last much longer barly 30 days left Here are some from the last few weeks

mnbassin
    Mpls, MN

Nice looking fish!

igotone

Quote:

Nice looking fish!

X-2

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Great looking fish Ben, that looks like a blast

stuart
    Mn.

See you next week!! Any thing other than smallies?

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

See you next week!! Any thing other than smallies?

There are eyes around and the occasional marading pike, I wish I could have a camers on bottem watching this bite unfold, instantly upon taking the bait the fish scream from the area leading me to beleive that the are a TON of them holding there, for the first hour it was pretty much a bite every cast!! yet throw anyother kind of bait to them and you get nothing, these fish have BIG appitites

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Very nice

riverdog

How deep do you figure those fish are holding?

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Id say around 4 ft give or take, the key has been as always finding that sweet spot right where the seam meets the back current. I have found that starting farther back in the seam has led to better numbers rather than heading straight to the front of the seem, because as soon as you hook up the scream out into the current and spook out other potential biters.

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

This gets the blood flowin..just a little

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Stopped by that seem tonite with 4 left over minnows on the way to a buddys house I shored 4 between 14 and 18 with a 17 inch bonus wallygator in abot 10 minutes!!!

Jaya
    Zimmerman, MN

Went out this morning, Did good early but it was really foggy.

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

This oppertunity wont last much longer barly 30 days left

NOt sure what you meant by that comment seeing that your fishing 4, but nice smallies.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

NOt sure what you meant by that comment seeing that your fishing 4, but nice smallies.

Its not in the P4 forum its Mississippi Bass Forum I wish it was p4!! Judgeing buy the ramp in the back gorund of Jasons pic he can atest that its not 4 That spot had 12 guys at noon when I stoped by so the hunt was on for some new seems, although I did not find really the current I was after I did find a flat that was loaded with fish, they would blow up on the bait as soon as it hit the water!! I was an awsome morning!!

Jaya
    Zimmerman, MN

i didn’t want to press the issue

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.