muskie lures

• birdman
    Lancaster, WI

One of my co-workers who does alot of muskie fishing has caught many big bass (around 20 inches) while muskie fishing. It seems those big baits definitely attract big fish. Have any of you had similiar expieriences?

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Yes, earlier this year I was throwing a #5 Mepps, which isn’t a big muskie lure, but I had small and medium sized bass all over it! I wanted to upgrade to muskie lures just to see what would happen but I didn’t have the proper equipment for such a decision. Which is odd for me…………………..I usually have one of everything “just in case”! Last summer I had an outing chock full of 3+ pounders using a baby suick and a large surface glider, much like a Heddon Torpedo but from FLW and larger with a teaser tail.

swimwizz
    Prescott, WI

Yes, The biggest Largemouth I have ever caught was in a lake in Wisconsin on a giant jackpot. Jackpots are 8″ walk the dog type baits and the bass was 5lbs. Almost every time I go muskie fishing I catch a few bass. They are not all big, I have caught 14″ bass on 10″ suicks.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

on lake of the woods I nailed a 5 pound class fish on a big bucktail… too bad they cant put up much fight on that kind of tackle.. one of the few times I skipped a BIG SMB across the surface like it was a minnow….. they are quite outmatched by 50# dacron and musky rods/reels…..

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I’ve had real good luck with Musky Killers on smallmouth. Large Suicks=Big bass on the Flambeau Flowage.

Blitz

hey rivereyes, do you make it up to lake of the woods alot, I lived there for 3 years a while back, right on the rainy river, about a 20 minute boat ride from the lake…

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

I used to make it up there 2-3 times a year…. I loved it… particularly the northwest angle…… but then the canada vs Mn border thing kind of messed things up and Ive not been there for a while… but its a beautiful and amazing fishery…..

Beaver

A few years ago, I caught a 7# walleye on a 9″ Suick and a 40″ muskie on a jig and minnow…..on the same weekend. Beav

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Well, you don’t expect nature be unbalanced do you? LOL! Good Humor Beav!

Beaver

No humor, pure fact. Caught the walleye twitchin` a Suick over some cabbage in 8′ of water.

Later that day we were pitchin’ jigs on a point and the muskie hit in about 18′ of water. Took me 20 minutes to get it in and then another 20 minutes of holding on to her tail til she could right herself and swim away.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

No………….not humor as in “Whopper” but humor as in “funny story”. It’s a great irony and it made me chuckle! So I’ll try again……………..Good Story Beav!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Was on Sunrise Lake in Chisago County last week casting a number 9 or 11 can’t remember for pike and caught a 12 1/2 inch crappie on it . The thing fought and hit like a ton of bricks for a crappie.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.